cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1060 card won't boot up on Rampage 6 Extreme Encore board!

jincuteguy
Level 7
Hi guys, I have 2 systems.

1)Amd 5900X
Asus Dark Hero VIII board X570

2) Intel 10920X
Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore board X299

I have 2 gpus: Nvidia 3090 FE and an old EVGA GTX 1060

Both the 3090 and 1060 cards work perfectly on the Amd system with the Dark Hero VIII board.
But only the 3090 card works on the Intel system with the Rampage VI Extreme Encore board.
The 1060 card won't boot up at all on the Intel system. I have a White led on the top right of the Encore board which indicates that there is a VGA issue.

Does anyone else have this issue with the Encore board with old GTX 1060 card?
It's just weird that the 1060 boot up fine on the Dark Hero board.
Any help would be appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12

Shark007 wrote:
I can tell you that while working with a prime z590-a recently, I encounter this same issue with both an asus 1060 and an xfx rx580
After updating the bios on both of these gpu's, the issue was resolved for both of them.

My search skills are quite extensive but sadly, I could not find an updated bios for your 03G-P4-6367-KR

I suggest you contact evga for direct assistance.

Yea I already started a post on the EVGA forums, but so far no one has responded yet.

I went over to the EVGA Forums and gave your post a bump with the information I shared here.
Maybe that'll get someone's attention that will be able to help you out.

jincuteguy
Level 7
I already tried to update to the latest Bios for the Rampage 6 Extreme Encore board. I also tried to uninstalled the Nvidia drivers. And still can't get the 1060 to boot up on the Rampage 6 Extreme Encore board.