cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Support bracket for the X299 R6E

Brighttail
Level 11
So I pulled the bracket out today and tried to install it and had some problems.

First off I'm not sure if it came with screws because the normal PCI bracket screws are too short. I have a few extra long ones which should work but I end up only being able to screw one of the two in. When that screw is in, the bracket ends up turning inwards and I can't get the other screw in. Even then, I can try and slide the bracket up to support my GPU, but I guess because I have an EK waterblock on it, the rubber pieces are too short.

My guess is there are no extra parts like some of the Atlas GPU support bracket kits I have seen, which comes with custom screws and extra rubber pieces.

So simple question, anyone been able to make use of this item?
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop
2 REPLIES 2

Rob_W_
Level 12
I abandoned it as well because;
A/ my Corsair carbide case holds mobo upside down, so bracket is on top,,, no good there!
B/ my Corsair obsidian case is right way up but card, like yours has an EKwb water block so no way it fits That.
C/ I find on the R6E the slot holds the gpu really firmly, so I settled for that!
I have looked at the bracket, I’m sure it could be fitted with some form of stand off lugs to support gpu.*

Brighttail
Level 11
Yeah I think it would fit a normal card, in fact I went down stairs and tried it on my non-watercool build and it works fine so .. oh well. Thanks!
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop