cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreaded Detect Memory error after wake from sleep and reboots

sultan_of_swing
Level 9
Wondering if anyone else has this issue on R6EE. Running a 10940x @4.6ghz 100% Prime95 stable. Memory is Patriot Viper 4400 that I am running at 3800 17-18-18-36 2T which is testmem5 anta777@Extreme stable pass after pass after pass as those timings are crazy loose for this memory.
Right now I have not had a Detect memory error in over a week and tonight after a wake from sleep I got it. did the try again button and still had the error.
Power Cycled the system and still had the error and eventually had to do the safe boot button to get into bios and reboot from there with no error.

I have the uncore at +0.300mv so I am not sure if the CPU is just having issues or this motherboard does not like this RAM. Currently on the latest BIOS.

Like I said this system is 100% rock solid stable at my current settings which are well below the settings I run when I am doing benchmarks.

Not sure what causes the issue or what steps to take to try and diagnose it if all my stability test prove stable.
6 REPLIES 6

Legolas
Level 9
DId you try to adjust DRAM voltage higher from 1.35V to 1.37 or higher until the detect memory works! You might have to downclock the CPU as well to see if it works!
Sincerely,
Legolas

Cherry_PL_
Level 11
Then something is definitelly not 100% stable. I had the same situation with 4000MHz g.skill memory on VI Encore. Finished memtest86 without errors, same about games etc... But still had cold boot memory detect from time to time. Lowering MHz fixed this issue.

sultan_of_swing
Level 9
I guess it's possible. This being a 4400 kit that I am running at 3800 mhz shouldn't be a problem but maybe this IMC on this 10940x is just really that bad.
I'll do some more testing and see what happens.
I don't think it has anything to do with the CPU clock personally.

sultan_of_swing
Level 9
I "Think" I might have this figured out, I decided to raise VCCIO/VCCA up to 1.15 along with the memory back at 4000mhz and so far I have not had any Detect memory Errors.
Doing this I can now actually get the Board to boot with the RAM at 4200 but Windows does not like it. With the VCCIO/VCCA on Auto 4200 won't even boot at all.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Wake from sleep issues when overclocking is normally related to the VCCSA and VCCIO rails, yes. If the issue continues, consider relaxing tRFC and tREF
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Press the Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top search result.

Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.

Select Power from the options, click on the Advanced option, and check Apply repairs automatically option.

Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope This Helps,
Peter