cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different core temperatures Rampage vi

Superino091
Level 8
guys, I need your help. (sorry for my english but use google to translate)
then I own the 7820x, delid fact. Rampage VI extreme
I do not understand either in default or oc, using programs of stability there are cores that are even 15 degrees less, I tried everything changed the pasta, I tried another cpu always delid always 10/15 degrees less than the core warmer, I also tried another cooling system but nothing has changed. the voltages are all on manual, each core is at the same voltage all the cores are at 4500 1.120v. I would not want the motherboard a friend of mine with the same processor the difference between the core and a few degrees. some advice?
21 REPLIES 21

Superino091
Level 8
nobody?

jpmboy
Level 9
The delid probably needs to be redone. It's not the MB.

jpmboy wrote:
The delid probably needs to be redone. It's not the MB.

hi
*I do not think it's the delid, even if you did it several times.
tried a cpu without delid

I have the 7920X and my cores are exactly the same. I can see differentials of up to 20°C between different cores even with the the frequencies and voltages all set the same. On idle i can see that 2 specific cores run hotter than the others and then on full load those cores are not the hottest anymore. I suspected that there was an issue with the application of the liquid metal on the die so i delidded the CPU again and redid it. I did notice some small lumps of shat looked like hardened flakes on the IHS and the original application of the product by the company who delidded it was a bit excessive but other than that i found no issues and had exactly the same varieance in temperatures after testing again. I did however use liquid metal on the interface between die and IHS and between IHS and waterblock when i reassembled and saw a massive drop in temperatures across all cores. In the beginning i could not run at full load without thermal throttling and now i can run faster at full load with the fans only at around 60%. I am not sure if it is a typical feature of the skylake X CPU's that there is such a variance in core temps and have asked around myself what others are seeing but am getting no other feedback either.

The only place i ever saw any temperatures was i this thread on another forum https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/8pack-10-18-core-i9-including-7980xe-testing-bundles-and-b... There is no graph for temps but from the basic data i could see from the benchmarking of the guy who wrote the post and does all of the delidding and testing of pre binned CPU's for that company there seemed to be quite a variance between core temperatures with the indicator being the variance in max temperature recorded. I know your CPU is not on there but it may be an indicator of general performance with Skylake X CPUS?

I have the same problem with my 7900x (delided by caseking)

wln123 wrote:
I have the same problem with my 7900x (delided by caseking)

OCUK are part of Caseking i believe which is where i got mine. I'm curious if core #5 is your preferred core in bios for turbo boost? I noticed that under full load my highest core temp is always core #10 which is the highest preferred core in bios and the one which turbo boost prefers to use along with core #3 as the second preferred core although that temp is much better.

purgitoria wrote:
OCUK are part of Caseking i believe which is where i got mine. I'm curious if core #5 is your preferred core in bios for turbo boost? I noticed that under full load my highest core temp is always core #10 which is the highest preferred core in bios and the one which turbo boost prefers to use along with core #3 as the second preferred core although that temp is much better.

I've overclocked with offset mode for each core up to 4.5GHz
In my case in BIOS core #1 and #7 are marked with *

My other OC settings:
CPU input voltage - 1.850
CPU Load-line Calibration - Level 7
CPU Current Capability - 200%
AVX/AVX-512 - 3
energy savings - off
memory working XMP 3200MHz for F4-3200C16Q-32GVK

I think that's all changes that I've made.

My knowledge about OC is very basic so maybe my settings are just simply bad.

On stock settings, core #5 also have bigger temperatures around 12 degrees but with OC'd that difference is HUGE almost 20 degrees. I dont think it's normal.
Can't tell what is the source of this problem.
Don't have any problems with stability on my system, not a single BSOD, rebooting around every 2 weeks or forced by windows updates.

I really would like to push my CPU little higher but I'm afraid because of this stupid #5 core.
Temps on screenshot after around 15 minutes of using no_avx prime95 and Kraken X62 (tried preapplied NZXT compound and right now using Kryonaut)

wln123 wrote:
I've overclocked with offset mode for each core up to 4.5GHz
In my case in BIOS core #1 and #7 are marked with *

My other OC settings:
CPU input voltage - 1.850
CPU Load-line Calibration - Level 7
CPU Current Capability - 200%
AVX/AVX-512 - 3
energy savings - off
memory working XMP 3200MHz for F4-3200C16Q-32GVK

I think that's all changes that I've made.

My knowledge about OC is very basic so maybe my settings are just simply bad.

On stock settings, core #5 also have bigger temperatures around 12 degrees but with OC'd that difference is HUGE almost 20 degrees. I dont think it's normal.
Can't tell what is the source of this problem.
Don't have any problems with stability on my system, not a single BSOD, rebooting around every 2 weeks or forced by windows updates.

I really would like to push my CPU little higher but I'm afraid because of this stupid #5 core.
Temps on screenshot after around 15 minutes of using no_avx prime95 and Kraken X62 (tried preapplied NZXT compound and right now using Kryonaut)

Like you i am no expert overclocker.

CPU cores all set to 4600MHz
Currently i have a manual override core voltage set to 1.22V (i did try running with an adaptive negative offset to achieve the same result and noted individual core voltages were really all over the place and i get lower temperatures this way even though the voltage on average is the same?????)
I have the CPU input voltage set to 1.85V
Load Line calibration set to 3
CPU Current Capacity 200% although 140% may have been enough
CPU power phase control set to extreme
Spread spectrum Disabled
I have My AVX offsets at 2 and 3

I originally had the stock EK TIM that came with the monoblock but i have replaced this with conductonaut and it has made such a huge difference and the below is what i see now with Prime95 in non AVX mode.

No matter what i do, like you i still get a huge difference across the cores.

First thing,first...NOT ALL i9 CPUs are capable to achieve stable 4,5Ghz or above.
Second,if you have discrepancies between cores greater than 15-20C than you need to do again delidd and see where is the problem,inner silicone on PBC or IHS or lack of liquid metal on die....(caseking or any other services that do this are prone to mistakes as anyone else)