cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect Memory Boot Error since Bios 3006

Tims007
Level 7
Hi, i am using 2 Boards ... Strix and Deluxe X299.

Memory is HyperX 4266 4x8Gb is going fine with Bios 2002 with 3800 Mhz. Changing to Bios 3006 or higher i ALWAYS get the Detect Memory Error on Cold Boot.
It is only working when i set the Memory Speed to 3000 Mhz, 3200 and above is failing with Cold Boot.

Is the any serious bug in 3xxx Bios ? I have no more idias ... i changed the timings, VCCSA, other Voltages, Fast Cold Boot and Memory Trainings and so on.
Nothing working, the Board will not Start from Cold Boot first time. After i go to Bios i can ReStart with 3xxx Bios with 4000 Mhz.
3 REPLIES 3

cekeu
Level 12
Frankly I can only advise in this case to revert to BIOS 2002 which worked fine with your system using BIOS Flashback.

I had this similar problem with a first version R6E and I went back to the correct BIOS for my system.

It is not worth trying to update the BIOS if the system is already working well and is stable. Many users have similar problems because of absolutely wanting to use the latest BIOS

cekeu wrote:
Frankly I can only advise in this case to revert to BIOS 2002 which worked fine with your system using BIOS Flashback.

I had this similar problem with a first version R6E and I went back to the correct BIOS for my system.

It is not worth trying to update the BIOS if the system is already working well and is stable. Many users have similar problems because of absolutely wanting to use the latest BIOS

What is the correct BIOS for first version R6E with 7940x? Thanks.

thr23
Level 9
seconded. you can probably make it work somehow with the new BIOS by playing around with the settings (lower boot BLCK, disable RAM training etc.), but the result will probably be worse (slow or unstable RAM) than what you get by using the default XMP profile in 2002.