cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsair RGB fans, RAM and Asus Aura

GEEKCPA
Level 8
I'm starting my R6E build in a few days. Here's a list of what I'm planning to use:
Case: Thermaltake View 71TG
MB: Asus Rampage VI Extreme
CPU: Intel i9 7900X
RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB 3600 (8X8) 64 GB (on R6E QVL)
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti (2X), Asus HB bridge for SLI
CPU cooling: EK R6E monoblock
GPU cooling: Phanteks Glacier water blocks
CPU radiator: Alphacool 420 X 45 triple 140
Fans: 3 X 140 Corsair LL140 RGB for CPU radiator
GPU radiator: Alphacool 360 X 45 triple 120
Fans: 3 X 120 Corsair LL120 RGB
Reservoir/pump: Enermax Neocharger RGB 300ml
Hard tubing: 16mm/12mm
Fittings: Thermaltake RGB
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1300 G2

I plan to run the Corsair RGB from their controllers and link software, the Thermaltake fittings from their controller, the R6E and the pump/reservoir from the MB Asus aura software. Should I order a large bottle of aspirin, or do you think this will work?
941 Views
10 REPLIES 10

Raja
Level 13
Might have issues running multiple RGB control utilities.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Might have issues running multiple RGB control utilities.


Yeah while things may all light up they may not play well together. Thermaltake controller for the Fittings, Corsair hub for the fans, Aura MB ect.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

I anticipate I may have to run a segment or two in static mode as the special effects likely won't be consistent between the various brands. My best guess is the fans may display the fancy effects from the Corsair link, but I'll have to run everything else static. I'd be ok with that. I'm due to win the lottery, so who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. Or....Aura and Link will fight like cats and dogs.

Brighttail wrote:
Yeah while things may all light up they may not play well together. Thermaltake controller for the Fittings, Corsair hub for the fans, Aura MB ect.


This will probably be the best option.

I actually have a NZXT H700i case with "Smart" device
Maximus X Formula
i7-8700K
4x Corsair Vengeance RGB
6x Corsair HD120 fans
Corsair H150i Pro cooler
NZXT G12 and Fractal Design S36 to cool my GTX1080ti
Corsair K95 and Logitech G502

I connect all 6 fans to the Corsair fan hub, and instead of using their controller, wire it to the ARGB header on the MoBo
The Smart Device only runs 2 ARGB strip from CAM, but does control fan speeds for all 6 fans.
I have the Fractal Design pump and the G12 fan run from the Mobo
I have the H150i Pro control connected to the CPU fan for monitoring but it runs its own pump control via USB and iCue.
USB controls the Smart device with CAM.

I forgot the NZXT AER RGB140 that is a boost fan on the case back for when the CPU gets hot.

All this usually runs aroud 4.3-5.1 Ghz with temps for the CPU in the Low 50's and the GPU around 47

It took a couple hours to get all the RGB to play together, but Corsair links to Aura pretty well.

mpoffo
Level 10
GEEKCPA wrote:
I'm starting my R6E build in a few days. Here's a list of what I'm planning to use:
Case: Thermaltake View 71TG
MB: Asus Rampage VI Extreme
CPU: Intel i9 7900X
RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB 3600 (8X8) 64 GB (on R6E QVL)
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti (2X), Asus HB bridge for SLI
CPU cooling: EK R6E monoblock
GPU cooling: Phanteks Glacier water blocks
CPU radiator: Alphacool 420 X 45 triple 140
Fans: 3 X 140 Corsair LL140 RGB for CPU radiator
GPU radiator: Alphacool 360 X 45 triple 120
Fans: 3 X 120 Corsair LL120 RGB
Reservoir/pump: Enermax Neocharger RGB 300ml
Hard tubing: 16mm/12mm
Fittings: Thermaltake RGB
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1300 G2

I plan to run the Corsair RGB from their controllers and link software, the Thermaltake fittings from their controller, the R6E and the pump/reservoir from the MB Asus aura software. Should I order a large bottle of aspirin, or do you think this will work?


I have several RGB systems "working together" including Aura and Corsair Link (and CAM when I need to change a HUE + setting but not running at all). All I can say is give it a try. The reality of things is we really don't have much choice. At a minimum you will probably need to use a least two different systems to get the full control over the components you have. Corsair and NZXT seem to have the overall most comprehensive RGB systems for Fan's , cooling, etc. but don't control motherboard RGB systems or lights. Board manufacturers have certain memory they support and some that they do not. Everyone is doing there own thing and not communicating it appears or forming partnerships with only certain manufacturers. In the end it's the consumer who lose in this environment.

I started with the HUE systems and like the effects they have. The CAM software I only need to run if I need to make changes to the lights or after a complete power down of the system. Then the pretty fans from Corsair drew my attention so I decided to add these when I rebuilt my x299 system. That required the purchase of a Corsair Commander Pro and the use of LINK to control them.

So currently, I have AURA controlling RGB on my RE6 and Gskill memory, Corsair link controlling the RGB of my HD fans from them and NZXT Hue + controlling the lighting strips. Is it perfect? no. Is it ripe for problems? Probably. Does it work as is for me? Yes. I honestly don't see any issues currently but that could all change with a new version of software or a change in a setting. I was thinking of retiring the HUE + or moving it to a different build and go with Corsair on the lighting strips but their software and illumination choices are limited. I could also use AURA and AURA compatible lighting strips but again the lighting options are limited.

So there ya have it. The state of RGB goodness is messy. I honestly think if there was some cooperation between some of these manufacturers it would really help. Perhaps there is but it is not apparent to those buying the goods.
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup

LiveOrDie
Level 11
AURA does have issue running with iCUE most of the time AURA will just crap out trying to start, but seeing you have a Strix you should be fine for some reason AURA started working fine for me once i move to a strix card mite have something to do with the RGB support.

cdcbr3
Level 7
Well as you can see by my post, my RGB crapped out.
Looks like it was iCue or Link doing it, so after a reinstall of my OS, I am just using Aura now and my RGBness is all back and working

cdcbr3 wrote:
Well as you can see by my post, my RGB crapped out.
Looks like it was iCue or Link doing it, so after a reinstall of my OS, I am just using Aura now and my RGBness is all back and working


I had one of my four pin headers on the board crap out and lost all Blue, red and green work fine. Right now bought a four pin to four separate outlet headers and am using that right now. Didn't want to RMA and go through all that hassle over one pin.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop