cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Corsair H100i RGB Platinum to Rampage VI extreme encore

francoistoen
Level 7
Hi everybody
My configuration is R6EE, core i9 10900x, corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM and i'd like to know your feeling about how to connect the H100i to the motherboard?
Here is what i've done :
Pump sata to sata connector, pump to cpu fan, the 2 fans to the pump througt the Y wire.
On the mother board there are 2 pump connectors that i didn't use but maybe it is not the best solution.

If you are clever about that question please feel free to tell me what I should do.

At the moment my cpu core temp in idle mode is 29°c (7 °c above ambiant temp). When i tried to use sisoft sandra to test the PC the core temp jumps to 102°c (i shutdown in hurry) and it seems that there was no cooling at all!
In normal mode the core temp is near 45°c (games etc...).

Thanks in advance
François
7 REPLIES 7

G75rog
Level 10
Did you install the USB cable and software?

G75rog wrote:
Did you install the USB cable and software?

Yes i did it. I looked at the software and then unplugged it because it use the only one USB2.0 connector of the motherboard. I prefer to get 2 usb ports at the front panel of the computer. At that time i'm lokking for an adaptator to plug the pump on an usb 3 internal connector.
I don't know what exactly does that sofware .
Thanks for your reply

andlaw
Level 10
francoistoen wrote:
Hi everybody
My configuration is R6EE, core i9 10900x, corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM and i'd like to know your feeling about how to connect the H100i to the motherboard?
Here is what i've done :
Pump sata to sata connector, pump to cpu fan, the 2 fans to the pump througt the Y wire.
On the mother board there are 2 pump connectors that i didn't use but maybe it is not the best solution.

If you are clever about that question please feel free to tell me what I should do.

At the moment my cpu core temp in idle mode is 29°c (7 °c above ambiant temp). When i tried to use sisoft sandra to test the PC the core temp jumps to 102°c (i shutdown in hurry) and it seems that there was no cooling at all!
In normal mode the core temp is near 45°c (games etc...).

Thanks in advance
François

Hi, while I have the Encore.. I do not have that CPU cooler, but the directions for it are pretty straight forward. from the pump (block) on the H100i you should have a Sata power cord, and a Y-split for the fans. You connect the sata from the pump to a connection via PSU., you connect your two fans from the radiator to the pumps Y-splitter, and the last thing to do should be plugin the USB connection which gets plugged into a USB 2.0 connector on the mobo. From there, you have power.. fans.. and 'communication' from the pump to the motherboard via USB. If you didn't have any active cooling... the temperatures would rise and rise from the moment you start the PC until it detects too high of temp and auto shuts down. If you are getting and keeping 45c temps while playing.. its operating as it should~ If you are running a benchmark and stress test, and are reaching 100c temps... its obvious the cooler isn't up for the task. The 10900X is pretty toasty at 165w (normal conditions 3.7 frequency)... and upwards to 300W while being overclocked. You might try configuring a stronger fan curve or higher static RPM for your fans to keep cooling in check. .. ... but it sounds like you only experienced the issue while benchmarking?!

andlaw wrote:
Hi, while I have the Encore.. I do not have that CPU cooler, but the directions for it are pretty straight forward. from the pump (block) on the H100i you should have a Sata power cord, and a Y-split for the fans. You connect the sata from the pump to a connection via PSU., you connect your two fans from the radiator to the pumps Y-splitter, and the last thing to do should be plugin the USB connection which gets plugged into a USB 2.0 connector on the mobo. From there, you have power.. fans.. and 'communication' from the pump to the motherboard via USB. If you didn't have any active cooling... the temperatures would rise and rise from the moment you start the PC until it detects too high of temp and auto shuts down. If you are getting and keeping 45c temps while playing.. its operating as it should~ If you are running a benchmark and stress test, and are reaching 100c temps... its obvious the cooler isn't up for the task. The 10900X is pretty toasty at 165w (normal conditions 3.7 frequency)... and upwards to 300W while being overclocked. You might try configuring a stronger fan curve or higher static RPM for your fans to keep cooling in check. .. ... but it sounds like you only experienced the issue while benchmarking?!

Hi thanks for reply.
I did what you have said for connecting the H100i to motherboard. But there are two questions :
Is the usb link an option to run the sofware ICUE or is the link mandatory for the pump to work?
Then what is the use of the connectors W_PUMP+2 and W_PUMP+1 on the motherboard?

If you have any idea about those questions feel free to share.
François

francoistoen wrote:
Hi thanks for reply.
I did what you have said for connecting the H100i to motherboard. But there are two questions :
Is the usb link an option to run the sofware ICUE or is the link mandatory for the pump to work?
Then what is the use of the connectors W_PUMP+2 and W_PUMP+1 on the motherboard?

François

Hi,

The USB port is only for management via iCUE and is not necessary for the pump of your AIO watercooling to work.

Regarding the W_PUMP+1 & W_PUMP+2 connectors, they are used in the case of custom watercooling (not AIO, which use the AIO_PUMP connector).

MoKiChU
Level 40
francoistoen wrote:
Hi thanks for reply.

François

Hi,

The USB port is only for management via iCUE and is not necessary for the pump of your AIO watercooling to work.

Regarding the W_PUMP+1 & W_PUMP+2 connectors, they are used in the case of custom watercooling (not AIO, which use the AIO_PUMP connector).

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

OK for the fist answer. So I don't need to use it really.
For the second answer you talk about the AIO_PUMP connector. Is that connector on the pump itself or is it on the motherboard? I can't find it on the motherboard.
If it is pump side where to plug it on motherboard? I plugged it on CPU-FAN connector is it right?
Thanks