cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cold Boot Issues with ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore and Prime 30th Anniversary

K01D57331
Level 9
I originally started off with the Prime 30th Anniversary board but it had an issue where during POST it would stop at CPU00 and Memory Detect. It would freeze there so I would hold down power button to restart system. On next boot it would POST to BIOS Safe Mode and I would have to get into BIOS and then exit out of BIOS to boot up. It would boot up fine from there until the next cold start up.

I called tech support and what a joke it was. I have been waiting for a real Asus tech to call me but no one ever did.

I returned that board and got the ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore.

It is behaving the same since I got the board and upgraded the BIOS. I have switched out every component and still the same.

I switched over to the BIOS slot 2 and I did not have the cold start up issue. I was having some stability problems under BIOS 2 so I updated the BIOS and the cold start issue has returned.

This is ruining what is a FANTASTIC board. I love it but for this one flaw so far. When I call support they have me do the basic support which is of no help. I want someone to be aware of this issue so it gets sorted out.

I am able to get my 10940X up to 51.Ghz on the board and have scored the 92nd place on 3DMark TimeSpy.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/44185564

https://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/timespy+3dmark+score+performance+preset/version+1.0

Please someone at Asus get in touch with me so we can go over this issue. I want this board to be a keeper and not return it.

Thank you!
11 REPLIES 11

BigJohnny
Level 13
Ram on this board is extremely picky. I could not get past 3200 before bios 505. I also used the modded BIOS with MC 49 which may not work On 109xx chips.Â*
VROC does in fact only support intel drives to boot from. You can make software drives with Samsung but it will not boot from them.

You will need to set PCIE to X16/X8/X8 to get DIMM.2_2 AMD woot will have to have PCH set to AHCI then the DIMM1.2will need to be enabled. to work at all, after that you can create a VROC array on the two DIMM.2 slots with intel drives only or sacrifice one of your GPU slots and use Intel AIC drives. After you crest the array you will need to get to F6 Prompt by selecting the advanced tab when you get to it.Â*

To install drivers you will need two and you can get them from ASUS page or Â*station drivers has more current version. Iastore load first the the VROC driver and your array will show up. They package contains software that you can install later but for windows install just grab the F6 drivers and out them in the windows install USB. When you click advance then click load drivers and load up the previously mentioned drivers. Then you will see the array. Select it and go on with the install.Â*

W1nter
Level 9
K01D57331 wrote:
I originally started off with the Prime 30th Anniversary board but it had an issue where during POST it would stop at CPU00 and Memory Detect. It would freeze there so I would hold down power button to restart system. On next boot it would POST to BIOS Safe Mode and I would have to get into BIOS and then exit out of BIOS to boot up. It would boot up fine from there until the next cold start up.

I called tech support and what a joke it was. I have been waiting for a real Asus tech to call me but no one ever did.

I returned that board and got the ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore.

It is behaving the same since I got the board and upgraded the BIOS. I have switched out every component and still the same.

I switched over to the BIOS slot 2 and I did not have the cold start up issue. I was having some stability problems under BIOS 2 so I updated the BIOS and the cold start issue has returned.

This is ruining what is a FANTASTIC board. I love it but for this one flaw so far. When I call support they have me do the basic support which is of no help. I want someone to be aware of this issue so it gets sorted out.

I am able to get my 10940X up to 51.Ghz on the board and have scored the 92nd place on 3DMark TimeSpy.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/44185564

https://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/timespy+3dmark+score+performance+preset/version+1.0

Please someone at Asus get in touch with me so we can go over this issue. I want this board to be a keeper and not return it.

Thank you!

I recently had this exact same behavior with an ASUS Prime x299 A II deluxe motherboard and went through hell trying to figure it out.

The secret was that the motherboard was extremely picky about which RAM it would / would not work with. I had to buy a specific set of RAM as listed on the official ASUS QVL (Qualified Vendor List), which then made everything work perfectly. Not sure if this is relevant, but with said RAM I also used XMP profiles so it would load the XMP profile supported by said RAM.