cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting with CMOS issues

the_steve_rando
Level 7
I tried to get my PC ready for Windows 11 by setting UEFI and turning off CSM in UEFI/BIOS. Now it won't boot properly. I have ASUS x299 gaming II. I have disconnected all HDD except for main SSD. MB doesn't have CMOS battery and I have jumpered the CMOS reset. I have removed the graphics card but there is no graphics on the MB. I get MB Q code errors A0 and others that tell me to reset CMOS/BIOS. Nothing is working. Nothing shows up on the monitor. What is left to try?
3 REPLIES 3

the_steve_rando
Level 7
I tried to get my PC ready for Windows 11 by setting UEFI and turning off CSM in UEFI/BIOS. Now it won't boot properly. I have ASUS x299 gaming II. I have disconnected all HDD except for main SSD. MB doesn't have CMOS battery and I have jumpered the CMOS reset. I have removed the graphics card but there is no graphics on the MB. I get MB Q code errors A0 and others that tell me to reset CMOS/BIOS. Nothing is working. Nothing shows up on the monitor. What is left to try?

The codes I have been getting are: A0, A9, b6, bd, and, A2. When I update BIOS via USB drive, it completes successfully. I changed all booting to UEFI but it didn't satisfy Windows 11 requirements. Then completely disabled CSM and now I get nothing on the monitor - aat all. results in the Q code changing but then settles back down to A9. I have a GEForce 1070 that I have physically removed or just unplugged power - makes no difference. I don't think I have another video card to try as all previous MBs have had onboard video.

ASUS says that the MB is damaged and to send it in because it is still under warranty. So unless somebody here can come up with a miracle, that is what I am gonna do.