cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios flashback not working at all please help [SOLVED]

Caipirinha
Level 8
Hello everyone
TODAY I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM just 1 hour ago i was in BIOS#1 and i was changing one of my overclock settings and SO WERIDLY 😮 SUDDENLY the bios freezed ( no matter repluging keyboard or mouse wasnt the issue ) and i had to restart the pc and after i just restarted the pc it gave me error Qcode 53 [with Dram Alarm beeps] at the start of the debugger AND then i tried SAFE BOOT BUTTON and it stiill didnt boot and gave the same error and after that i cleared CMOS 100 times and it didnt work THEN i decided to Do FLASHBACK BIOS i have 2 Sticks of usb one is usb 3 and one is usb 2 the usb 3 is GPT-FAT32 the usb 2 is MBR-FAT32 i copied the BIOS 1401 with the file name of R6A.CAP into the USBs BUT no matter how many times i try the flashback bios it Doesnt work at all the FLASHBACK BIOS LED Light turns solid Blue and wont continue Blinking after i release my finger from the key this means that the BIOS Flashback is not operating it Only Blinks at the first 3-4 seconds of pushing the button it doesnt flashbacking the bios from usb and isnt installing any bios (i dont know if it doesnt read from usb or WHAT ) no matter how hard i try i have copied all bios versions with the filename:R6A.CAP or even R6A alone without ".CAP" my flashback bios WONT do anything guyss please someone help i had this issue before on my asus ramoage v edition 10 Too exactlly the same issue i cant believe its just 4 days i have assembled the system and everything was working Fine now suddenly this s-h-it hapened, IS THE BIOS#1 Corrupted in real time when i was in bios ?is it gone?how can i bring it back ??THE BIOS FLASHBACK of ASUS NEVER WORKED FOR ME I EVEN also did Clear BAT (removed motherboard battery) and it still didnt work (
PS:i CAN boot with my BIOS#2 and it Boots up without any single issue very well and Works Perfectlly no issue there with BIOS#2 (bios2 version:0601)
so it means that MY DRAMS MY CPU AND THE WHOLE HARDWARE SIDE HAVE NO ISSUE and its just the BIOS issue which seems its corrupted or broked and i jus want to FLASHBACK BIOS for it. and HEY I DID TRY BIOSFLASHBACK ON BIOS#2 TO CHECK IF BIOSFLASHBACK WORKS FOR MY Motherboard AT ALL OR NOT!! and weirdly it didnt work on the healthy bios#2 as well as i tried once.

Motherboard: RAMPAGE VI APEX (BIOS #1:1503 - BIOS#2:0601)
CPU:7820x
RAM:4x8 GB tridentZ f43600-Cl16

UPDATE:
Check SOLUTION in these posts:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106027-Bios-flashback-not-working-at-all-please-help#post7...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106027-Bios-flashback-not-working-at-all-please-help/page2...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106027-Bios-flashback-not-working-at-all-please-help/page3...
_______i7 7820X
________RAMPAGE VI APEX
_________G.SKILL 4x8 @3733 16
__________MSI 1080ti LIGHTNING Z ||O'\\\\'O'////'O_|
___________Intel 750 PCIE SSD
____________Corsair AX1500i
_____________Corsair Obsidian 900D
_______________Corsair H150i Pro 360 AIO
27 REPLIES 27

allen001
Level 8
Caipirinha you get that thing going yet ?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Memory modules are very finicky things. Check these things and maybe they sort your issue out.

First make sure each memory slot does not have a bit of dirt or some contaminant in the slot. Happens so easily. Give it a good blast of air to clear. Just blow along the slot. If even one pin is blocked or not making a good contact it can mess up the whole process.

Next re seat each memory stick. I like to start with one stick, boot set XMP or what ever I am going to do then save and power down. Seat the next stick and repeat till all my memory is installed. True i run a sequence of Memtest+ each time too but then I am OCD.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I was wondering if the Q-code might be a bit of a red herring....might...
😮

Since it all works OK on BIOS 2 and was working on BIOS 1...could be a bad flash BIOS 1...which should be sortable with a proper clear CMOS/BIOS Flashback flash.

Back in the day if you had a corrupted chip (hope it's not that) you could just buy another and slot it in...but seems they are soldering BIOS chips these days...

The problem with a lot of pendrives these days is you don't have access to the root of the drive. If you buy a Toshiba pendrive (for example...not picking on Toshiba) and it shows up in your hardware list as "Toshiba" something or other, then you can have problems flashing BIOS with it.

The DISKPART method I linked makes sure the drive just shows up as a letter in Windows and anything you copy to it will be on "root" of drive...

But, of course, best to investigate all possibilities...

HiVizMan wrote:
Was a bloody handy feature

It was! especially on OC board...hate to see functionality removed TBH

Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough to see that BIOS2 works fine. Not likely to be memory problems then. You can remove the soldered BIOS chip with a hot air soldering station and it might be possible to solder in a replacement. I have flashed a BIOS image onto a totally blank chip using an EEPROM programmer. I don't know if you can solder in a blank chip and proceed with BIOS flashback onto a totally blank chip though. It is a lot of work for a system that functions ok on BIOS2.

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is often easier to simply go on Ebay and buy a new BIOS chip for your board. The hassle is taken out of the whole process, true you have to desolder but that is not too complicated.

Agree however that if BIOS 2 is working then really no need to do anything more, that is why ASUS put two on the board.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
that is why ASUS put two on the board.

I use both of mine. Always save where I am and install new CAP on the other when updating. When not updating I have one set for vvery aggressive OC and the other toned back for daily use.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
I use both of mine. Always save where I am and install new CAP on the other when updating. When not updating I have one set for vvery aggressive OC and the other toned back for daily use.

Interesting how the two bios's are used differently but very much alike at the same time - both of us like to have a back up. I like to leave the one bios with the original shipping bios. My OC profiles I tend to save on USB stick, or as a profile in the bios. So quick to swap between them using the ASUS profiles.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Great to see you got it sorted!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein