cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 1102 R6A 20% performance loss in Intel XTU

CSN7
Level 7
Recently discovered nearly 20% perfomance loss between bios 1004 and 1102 in XTU. Since new competitions on HWbot are live this is an extremely bad situation for an extreme overclocking board the Apex claims to be. I kinda like to retain the security update of the new bios. And XTU is definitely one of the only benchmarks that I came across that is so terribly off performance wise. So I honestly hope this get's adressed it must be some sort of bug caused by the bios. When can we expect a new bios? I have the impression Raja went kinda silent in this part of the forum recently.
5 REPLIES 5

Raja
Level 13
Not really quiet, just that most posts don't need my attention. And im busy. The last thing i have time for is random speculation or questions that demand yet dont need a formal reply if one takes the time to think. Perf loss due to microcode changes would be down to Intel, not us. We dont control how the processor deals with code/queue execution - that's a microcode deal. Feel free to contact asus support germany or intel if you have further questions about it. Im sorry that we don't have time to cover everything here.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Intel has been transparent enough about the situation to make users aware that there is a performance penalty, so there should be no surprises. There will likely be further microcode updates as things progress that will address the performance penalty, in the meantime it's down to your sensibilities as to which you prefer, the most secure or the best performance.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

CSN7
Level 7
Sry sry I'm not here to bring down the rain on ASUS. I doubt we will see the perf drop erased by a new microcode, but hopefully it get's adressed by intel in the near future and that the microcode is then rolled out quickly to the customer via an bios update.

Menthol
Level 14
I don't think anyone would blame the motherboard manufacturer for the loss in performance due to Intel's or AMD's issues, I just think they have no where else to discuss these issues where anyone listens, and there are more experienced people that frequent these forums that may be able to help or at least discuss issues with some common sense

CSN7
Level 7
Had a little chat with Splave on hwbot, some of you might know him. Managed to unlock the power of the 16-core in XTU.

7960X 5126 XTU score @5.1GHz