cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 0901 R6EE is out

Hopper64
Level 15
Just noticed on the download page. Heads up.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro
17 REPLIES 17

einsindrei
Level 10
Can anyone mod the Encore 0901 Bios with MC29 from this https://drive.google.com/file/d/19eIGVbUXuQIM5v0JhV4q0o_SxCwMNdkC/edit and the ResizeBar https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhq2wp2vpln7ddx/ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-EXTREME-ENCORE-ASUS-0070.rar?dl=0 from this and the latestmodule updates, please?

thanks

einsindrei wrote:
Can anyone mod the Encore 0901 Bios with MC29 from this https://drive.google.com/file/d/19eIGVbUXuQIM5v0JhV4q0o_SxCwMNdkC/edit and the ResizeBar https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhq2wp2vpln7ddx/ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-EXTREME-ENCORE-ASUS-0070.rar?dl=0 from this and the latestmodule updates, please?

thanks

Do you have a 3000 series from nvidia?
Maybe you can tell me if it's true that it only works with the 3000 series. I am still on Pascal.

Desertum_0 wrote:
Do you have a 3000 series from nvidia?
Maybe you can tell me if it's true that it only works with the 3000 series. I am still on Pascal.

You will need updated drivers from NVIDIA (and maybe a new BIOS for the GPU) that support REBAR. As per NVIDIA https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-30-series-resizable-bar-support/😞

For desktop systems to get the benefits of Resizable BAR, you will need a graphics card, motherboard and graphics driver that support the feature. New GeForce RTX graphics cards starting with the GeForce RTX 3060 will have support for Resizable BAR. NVIDIA and our GPU partners are also readying VBIOS updates for existing GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards starting in March.

Our Game Ready Driver with Resizable BAR support will be released alongside the GeForce RTX 3060 in late February.

So first, we'll have to wait, and second, you'll probably need an RTX 3000 series card.

BenJW wrote:
You will need updated drivers from NVIDIA (and maybe a new BIOS for the GPU) that support REBAR. As per NVIDIA https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-30-series-resizable-bar-support/😞

So first, we'll have to wait, and second, you'll probably need an RTX 3000 series card.

Pascal owners still getting shafted with bad drivers and now this.

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
I hope someone can help Me, I know I need to upgrade My MB/CPU/Ram, but being retired and 66 years old has made things a little hard right now.
I have a Maximus VII Formula that I bought brand new ( WatchDogs version ) and lightning hit the house and I thought the Z97 board was dead.
I struggled with another brand that was cheap and then decided to put the VII Formula back in and give it a try.

For the most part I have used the 3503 Bios April 2018, but had lots of problems where when bios came on, the mouse would not work and
could not change much. I just went back to 3003 (10/28/2015) and things are better.
I just did a search for My MB bios and one person mentioned He had the same MB and was using 0901, and that is not listed under downloadable BIOS
for My MB. I could never understand why Asus stopped with a Beta version in 2018 and did not complete it.

Thank You for any info about if I can update bios to something else that may remember or work better. I cut My armor where the Bios battery is
so that it is easy to remove or replace. My C drive is never listed in the main Boot menu, and I always have to hit F7 and F8 and then scroll down
and click on C drive. I thought taking out the battery and waiting and putting it back in would reset the master boot area, but it always has
the wrong SSD.

Thank You so much for any help or advice, I appreciate it.

Mike

Mike Kelly wrote:
I hope someone can help Me, I know I need to upgrade My MB/CPU/Ram, but being retired and 66 years old has made things a little hard right now.
I have a Maximus VII Formula that I bought brand new ( WatchDogs version ) and lightning hit the house and I thought the Z97 board was dead.
I struggled with another brand that was cheap and then decided to put the VII Formula back in and give it a try.

For the most part I have used the 3503 Bios April 2018, but had lots of problems where when bios came on, the mouse would not work and
could not change much. I just went back to 3003 (10/28/2015) and things are better.
I just did a search for My MB bios and one person mentioned He had the same MB and was using 0901, and that is not listed under downloadable BIOS
for My MB. I could never understand why Asus stopped with a Beta version in 2018 and did not complete it.

Thank You for any info about if I can update bios to something else that may remember or work better. I cut My armor where the Bios battery is
so that it is easy to remove or replace. My C drive is never listed in the main Boot menu, and I always have to hit F7 and F8 and then scroll down
and click on C drive. I thought taking out the battery and waiting and putting it back in would reset the master boot area, but it always has
the wrong SSD.

Mike

Ahh, you only have 6 years on me and about half the rest of the crowd here.

Best Advice I can give you for now is wait a little bit Everything is at end of life. Like worst Ive seen since my commodore 64 and my upgrade to a 386 floored me LOL. Roadmap looks like by the fall there will be some decent releases. Right now anything you build will be obolete before you get it put together. You are several generations behind so may as well just give it a little but more. As for BIOS updates search your MOBO. ASUS will be one of the listings. Click on the support letters in the top right then look in the drivers menu and it will show you which BIOS upadtes are available. There may be something newer than what you have if youve not updated it but There hasnt been any new releases on that platform for some time. Whenever something new comes out they just ditch last gens stuff and move on.

The 0901 is for the X299 Rampage VI Extreme HEDT, they are supposed to be rolling out a new one but its not made the download page on the Rampage VI Extreme.

3503 is the latest for your board dated 4/26/2018

That was a beast of a board in its day. I just looked and some butt fleas selling refurbs for $700.......when pigs FLY!!

Nice ride in pic

heres my hunk of junk nekked. I put on a batwing and bags, have both hard leather and fiberglass.

Mike Kelly wrote:

the wrong SSD.

Mike

Hello Mike,

i belive this would be another forum this here is for the rampage VI(6) Extreme "Encore version" I belive this would be the forum for Maximus boards :
Maximus Boards .... this 0901 BIOS would be for the "Rampage 6 Borad "Encore""

With Friendly Greeting
Nonny