cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X299 XE & RGB LED 5V strip

SirWaWa
Level 7
I'm experiencing some weird behavior with the Asus bundled RGB LED 5V strip.

OS is Windows Pro 64-bit. Manual says for the 5V version, "The addressable RGB LED strip will only light up under the operating system." The 12V version says, "The LED strip will only light up when the system is operating."
Sounds like one is OS dependent while the other is not. PSU is corsair HX850 plat. (the newer ones)
RGB LED is on in the BIOS and it mentions something about being on once the PC is in state S0. Is this cause of my issues, this SO state?

Please tell me what is normal.

On a cold start the LED's light up immediately and color cycle. Once in the OS, 2-3 mins later it will stop color cycling but remain lit. NO Asus Aura installed.

Sometimes on shutdown, then another cold start the LED's will not light up. After entering the OS, maybe 5mins later the LED's will light up and no color cycling. NO Asus Aura installed.

Is it supposed to light up immediately once the PC is started regardless if I'm in the OS or not. Restarts seem fine once lit.

On cold starts Q-code is 40. A restart fixes this to AA. I briefly investigated this and seems to be normal on this board. Regardless of Q-code I've have it not light up immediately.
0 REPLIES 0