cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Rampage VI Extreme & Hyper M.2 X16 Card Raid 0

Deepbluee
Level 7
Hello,

I've read a lot of articles but much i read i got more confused. Could somone tell me if i can make a botable raid 0 with 2x Samsung NVME 960 Pro 512GB with Hyper M.2 X16 Card on Asus Rog Rampage VI Extreme board or not?

Thank in advance.

Regards.
3 REPLIES 3

mike211
Level 7
First, take off the cover for the M.2 compartment by removing the screw.This compartment hold M.2 Socket ,insert the M.2 into place.secure the second M.2 place onto DIMM.2 Module left side. Go to Advanced->PCH Storage Configuration->SATA Mode Selection, and select Intel RST Premium(RAID).Go to Advanced->Onboard Devices configuration. Select M,2_1(DIMM.2) source selection set to PCH. Go to Save and Exit save and reboot.Go back to see if your new RAID volume is showing up in Advanced-> Intel(R) rapid storage technology and then Create RAID Volume. Create a Windows 10 USB Bootable Flash Drive Media Creation Tool. Download and copy Driver Intel(R) RST AHCI/RAID Driver V15.7.1.1015 for Windows 10 64-bit onto another USB drive.

G75rog
Level 10
You cannot use the Hyper x16 to make a bootable Raid with Samsung 960's. You can load it with drives and make a Windows Raid for data.

G75rog wrote:
You cannot use the Hyper x16 to make a bootable Raid with Samsung 960's. You can load it with drives and make a Windows Raid for data.

First thank you for the answer.

I've created a raid 0 by put one drive on dimm2 card and one drive on board's m.2 slot (because dimn2 card do not recognize my both drives, only recognize one). I am getting 3GB read and 3GB write seq. Is this normal or is there any better way to improve these numbers?

Thanks in advance.