cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Rampage Vi Encore I9 10980xe benchmarks

elkhog
Level 7
Had storm and some cold weather today and did some overclocking. I cant wait to see what this motherboard and cpu will do with rtx3090 in Time spy Ex. http://www.3dmark.com/spy/13789295, cpu score real high and nvdia rtx2080ti fe ok. http://www.3dmark.com/sd/6049835
16 REPLIES 16

BigJohnny
Level 13
I don’t think any AIO will be able to tame this CPU even at stock settings. Your best bet is if you are going to use and AIO under volt like crazy to like 1.2V max and run down all core frequency until it’s stable. A great AIO might squeak by with a 9800K but not an 18 core HEDT. I tried the top of the line Corsair on a 9940X and it was a fail at anything last 4.2GHz and 1.05 Vcore. Put it in a custom loop and that one does 5.1GHz on all 14 cores no AVX offset. I just started tweaking with a 10980XE once they became affordable, picked one up at Microcenter. Went to 5GHz no problem except the Vcore goes to high and the heat on a very overkill custom loop was mid 90s. I prefer 80-85 max. I’m sitting at 4.8 all cores 1.25 volts Vcore and keeping it in the 80s. That’s about where I live on the 9940X too.*

BigJohnny wrote:
Put it in a custom loop and that one does 5.1GHz on all 14 cores no AVX offset.

I started with a delidded 7820x setup by Der8auer and then switched to the soldered 10980x. Thats why I have this AIO but I never was happy with the thermals.

Can you show me the brands of your custom AIO. I think the best way to skip any further failing attempt's and wasting money. ( I know.. AMD) but I want to stick to this build. It feels not completed yet.

yvesgeiser wrote:
I started with a delidded 7820x setup by Der8auer and then switched to the soldered 10980x. Thats why I have this AIO but I never was happy with the thermals.

Can you show me the brands of your custom AIO. I think the best way to skip any further failing attempt's and wasting money. ( I know.. AMD) but I want to stick to this build. It feels not completed yet.

here at ekwb i used this configurator to find the right cooling system for my cpu. And I am very satisfied, my cpu does not exceed 75 ° at 4600Mhz every day with 30 ° C ambient temperature (I live in a country under South Florida)
https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/

BigJohnny
Level 13
Nice clocks but diminished returns. I’m getting the same CPU score or close with a 9940X at 4.8
Right now with ambient temp at 24C I’m getting 4.8 out of my 10980XE with manual Vcore of 1.25 and max core hitting 88C on classroom blender no matter if it’s a single run or animated for an hour. I got to 5.1 on auto no worries but crapped my drawers when I saw 1.35 Vcore and temps 100C+. I prefer 80C or less but can deal with 90 for an AVX workload. Not that I do them all the time. General use I’m not passing 60C.*

BigJohnny wrote:
Nice clocks but diminished returns. I’m getting the same CPU score or close with a 9940X at 4.8
Right now with ambient temp at 24C I’m getting 4.8 out of my 10980XE with manual Vcore of 1.25 and max core hitting 88C on classroom blender no matter if it’s a single run or animated for an hour. I got to 5.1 on auto no worries but crapped my drawers when I saw 1.35 Vcore and temps 100C+. I prefer 80C or less but can deal with 90 for an AVX workload. Not that I do them all the time. General use I’m not passing 60C.*

Thanks cekeu for this input. What about you Johnny.. what loop do you have?

BigJohnny
Level 13
I have a stupid overkill loop with a 420 GTR up top, 480x60 in the bottom, 360 GTS mid at bottom it main compartment and another 360x30 in the front with 3 PWM D5 pumps. I also have 2 2080Tis, single loop. I get 620L/hr flow which is a lot. All my fans are on an aquaero controller with max loop temp set to 32C. Fans are just above stall 28C and below and ramp up. I normally don’t get to full speed unless pushing both CPU and both GPUs. Only thing I think that would do any better is a chiller. I’ve been eye balling the 800W koolance but at $1800 my finger has a problem clicking the buy button. I’m not looking to go sub ambient. Just a little better without having to deal with condensation and get all the rads out of my case although my Enthoo elite has the space. I’ve been tweaking here and there and come to the conclusion 4.8 all cores is a good spot to live 24x7. I have the 5.0 and 5.1 profiles saved. I may create a 4.9 as well. It’s just that as soon as I pass above 4.8 my temps pass the 90C mark, not horrendously but into the 90s. 5.0 and it’s approaching 100C and 5.1 it’s passing 100C but not to the point of throttling. I’ve found the same results with both the EK magnitude and Optimus sig V2 coolers. Heat killer pro IV is decent but gains about 3C over either of the previous.*

vmanuelgm
Level 11
@BigJohnny

Heatkiller Pro IV is cooler than Magnitude or Optimus???
Asus x670e Hero, 7950x, TG 7000, Master 4090, 970 PRO, 860 EVO, Intel 750,
SN850, SN750, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, Pioneer S12U
EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC, Acer Predator x35, Philips OLED