cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Rampage VI Extreme and Aura software

mpoffo
Level 10
Does anyone else have issues with this software working correctly on the Extreme? Half the time it will work, the other half it won't load. I Googled it and see some older posts about unplugging the computer to drain the power from the board but this does not work for me. I have had to uninstall and reinstall it twice now to get it to work.
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup
95 REPLIES 95

JustinThyme wrote:
My Claymore is working great. Took a time to get the cotton pickin armory to update the firmware on the keyboard and the spatha mouse (AGAIN SOFTWARE FAIL!!!) but its all good just dont make the mistake of tying to link it with AURA!!!! guaranteed 100% FUBAR!! Took a little while as with anything to get accustomed to it. The mouse I use wirelessly most of the time so to conserve battery power the only time it light up is when the battery is low and it starts flashing red. The one thing I am disappointed about with the mouse is even with the lights off the battery run time is DEPLORABLE!!!! ASUS you should be ashamed of yourselves on that one. Wont make it a whole day and I end up using my back up most of the time, Logitech MX Master that goes for a MONTH between charges!!!!!!!

I tried the K95 Platinum for about 2 minutes and put it back in the box and returned it. Didnt like the look, feel, nothing about it. My old PS2 compaq (VERY OLD) has a better layout and feel to it IMO. To each his own, this one was just definitely not for me in a bad way.

Skunky, What of rrrrrr Ra are you running.

I think you might have gotten a dud or such. I can go almost 2 days without recharging after a constant 12 or so hours using it.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

JustinThyme wrote:
My Claymore is working great. Took a time to get the cotton pickin armory to update the firmware on the keyboard and the spatha mouse (AGAIN SOFTWARE FAIL!!!) but its all good just dont make the mistake of tying to link it with AURA!!!! guaranteed 100% FUBAR!! Took a little while as with anything to get accustomed to it. The mouse I use wirelessly most of the time so to conserve battery power the only time it light up is when the battery is low and it starts flashing red. The one thing I am disappointed about with the mouse is even with the lights off the battery run time is DEPLORABLE!!!! ASUS you should be ashamed of yourselves on that one. Wont make it a whole day and I end up using my back up most of the time, Logitech MX Master that goes for a MONTH between charges!!!!!!!

I tried the K95 Platinum for about 2 minutes and put it back in the box and returned it. Didnt like the look, feel, nothing about it. My old PS2 compaq (VERY OLD) has a better layout and feel to it IMO. To each his own, this one was just definitely not for me in a bad way.

Skunky, What of rrrrrr Ra are you running.

I updated Claymore firmware (when the keyboard used to connect) and nothing ever works... the Gladius II mouse works like a champ and never fails me. I never go wireless since I can't stand batteries. I did at one point use the keyboard with Aura Sync and it would work for a few minutes then everything would take a dump and get stuck in strange modes or stop mid RGB animation.

I think you are asking what Aura am I running when you said "What of rrrrrr Ra are you running"?

I'm using Aura 1.05.25 and its set on Rainbow Gradient. I have a ton of things hooks up to the mobo, see picture below. Everything except the 2 fans and fittings are connected to the Rampage VI Extreme. Currently I have 75 LEDs and I don't have it sync since Aura only supports 60 at the moment. When you think about it, the 60 LED limit is dumb since previous versions supported the 75 I needed.

Skunkfoo wrote:
I updated Claymore firmware (when the keyboard used to connect) and nothing ever works... the Gladius II mouse works like a champ and never fails me. I never go wireless since I can't stand batteries. I did at one point use the keyboard with Aura Sync and it would work for a few minutes then everything would take a dump and get stuck in strange modes or stop mid RGB animation.

I think you are asking what Aura am I running when you said "What of rrrrrr Ra are you running"?

I'm using Aura 1.05.25 and its set on Rainbow Gradient. I have a ton of things hooks up to the mobo, see picture below. Everything except the 2 fans and fittings are connected to the Rampage VI Extreme. Currently I have 75 LEDs and I don't have it sync since Aura only supports 60 at the moment. When you think about it, the 60 LED limit is dumb since previous versions supported the 75 I needed.

Thanks for that. .25 worked for me some of the time on some of the profiles then one day out of nowhere the MOBO disappeared. Could have been from BIOS updates or changes, could have been from FC update but I ditched that and tried again.

I wont replace batteries in a mouse either. Everything I buy has a cradle and is rechargeable. I also have a back up Logetch wireless KB, nothing fancy but sometime I want to recline back in my Herman Miller Embody chair and sit the keyboard in my lap. PITA to to with one that has a wire attached.

Id like to get everything working on one controller. Last time I tried adding the mouse and keyboard it just crashes so I left them on armory.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Hi !

I apologize in advance for my wobbly English.

I continue this topic about the LEDs of my Rampage VI Extreme that are dead.

First thing first, my configuration:

Aura Sync RGB components in play:
- Rampage VI Extreme
- 2 Phanteks GLACIER 1080 Ti blocks + LEDs provided each connected to the 4pin RGB port of the graphics card

No Aura RGB
- 3 Corsair ML120 PRO LED White connected to the motherboard
- 2 Corsair ML140 PRO LED White connected to the motherboard
- RayStorm Neo WaterBlock (Intel) Chrome with 2 LEDs connected together to the 4 pin RGB port the motherboard with a 5050 kabenjee splitter
- Corsair Commander pro connected to internal USB2 port of motherboard + 4 strip LED corsair
- Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 64GB (8x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit (CMD16GX4M4B3200C16-ROG)

Other components of note:
- i7 7820x
- 2x Asus Rog Strix 1080 ti OC
- 2x Samsung 960 evo 1TB
- Windows 10 PRO - Version 16299.98 - Build 1709

At first boot, I installed the BIOS 0802, version 1.05.25 of Aura and version v4.9.1.23 of Corsair LINK.
Everything worked perfectly, in Aura I had control of the LEDs of the motherboard, the LEDs of the two graphics cards and the two LEDs of the waterblock. In corsair Link I could control my 4 LED strips without problems.

Then I had the misfortune to update the firmware of my pro commander and install an update of Corsair Link. After the reboot, the following issues appeared:

- ALL LEDs on the front panel of the motherboard no longer work. Only the sideband.
- The motherboard has disappeared from the Aura software.
- The "add strip" tab (which corresponds to the 2 LEDs connected together to the 4 pin RGB port the motherboard with a 5050 kabenjee splitter) is still in Aura, but no longer takes into account the color change. They stay red.
- When I modify the behavior of the LEDs of the graphics cards, half makes the software crash.
- The control of the LED strips in Corsair link has disappeared.

To remedy this problem I have:
- Disconnected all LEDs and the commander pro
- reinstalled windows
- Cleared CMOS and installed the 1003 version of the BIOS
- tried to switch the option "ErP ready" from "Disabled" to "Enable (S4 + S5)" (which turns off all the LEDs on the motherboard, whether the system is off or on) in the BIOS and reboot eight times in a row.
- launched the utility via command prompt posted by one of your engineer to clean the RGB cache of the motherboard, but unsuccessful because nothing is detected (see the capture)
- once again uninstalled the Aura software, reboot the system, shut down, disconnect all the LEDs, turn off the power and unplug the cable for an hour, re-plug, turn off the system, reinstall Aura (by the way, I have tried 4 Versions of the Aura software, even the 1.05.28 which crash even more)
After all that, nothing work

At this point, I just want to turn on the LEDs of my motherboard, but I do not see any solution in this thread apart disassemble everything, which I really want to avoid since I just finished my custom watercooling loop ...

Oh, by the way, when I disconnect every LEDS and I try to launch Aura software, it just directly crash without opening, surely because it has nothing to load..

WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
aura+0x187ec
aura+0x8b3c4
aura+0x847f1
aura+0x361f4
aura+0x3a7da
aura+0x34a7f
aura+0xaf484
aura+0xc4c11

Some more photos to help the research :

Thank you in advance,

For all those who are waiting for a guinea pig to test 1.05.28. I'm your Huckleberry.

I have been running it for a few days now and I don't have new issues so far. From my observations it is no better and no worse than 1.05.25.

- It stills uses about 1.6% - 2.0% of my CPU (i9 7940x)
- It still has an Addressable LED cap of 60
- My ROG Claymore is still a brick.
- There is still no option for a Rainbow Gradient like the initial product videos where the Republic of Gamers block in the center displays a gradient of colors (not cycling colors where at a given point in time the block is the same color).

Brighttail
Level 11
So one of the issues since Aura 1.05.25, my BIOS has slowed waaaaaaay down. I have two BIOS, one on 1002 and one on 1004. Both times it takes forever for me to enter and once I'm in I can't use my mouse and with keyboard commands there is a 10-15 second delay between key presses. This only started AFTER I installed and later uninstalled Aura 1.05.25. (One of the reasons I'm skittish about the new version).

I have cleared the CMOS and reflashed the BIOS with the same issues. Unplugged the machine for 30 minutes and still the BIOS is very slow. 😞

Aside from that my computer does take a little longer to boot up but aside from the BIOS being slow all else is good.

I'm very confused.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop