cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Extreme Encore X299 i9 10980XE and Clean Win 11 installation

idiegoit
Level 7
Hello everybody,
i have the MB bios 702 + update Asus tool Me Version 11.12.86.1877 with Intel Core i9 10980XE and 128 Gb 8x8GB Corsair Dom Plat RGB 3600, not ovck and two Samsung 980 Pro 2 Tb with Asus Strix RTX 2080 TI OC.
I used before as a OS MS Win10 Pro genuine with CSM disabled, UEFI installation, GPT partition, secur boot abled etc., Marvel Lan 25 Gb disabled, bluetooth disabled, Asmedia USB 3 disabled, Audio disabled, WiFi disabled, TPM 2.0 enabled, controller AHCI enabled, prerequisite tool Windows 11 all ok, so I decided to updated to Win 11 64 bit with MS Tools without any problem. I just tried a new clean installation, after secur erase of my SSD's but unfortunately the utility stopped to the drives window, asking a driver for DVD or similar. I tried another usb port also 2.0, but with the USB Key UEFI with Win 10 Pro no problems, only with the USB pen 8 Gb UEFI with Win 11 created direct from MS, or also with Rufus USB pen drive created from ISO also dowloaded from MS site direct. Asus sudgest in the FAQ to install the latest bios, but onestly I don't know how is possible that some users have a previous MB X299 and install WIN 11 without problems. I tried all kind of drivers, chipset inf, iRST F6, NVMe Samsung, the only way is to install Win 10 and after from OS Win 11 (with no file, no program, not all). It's realy creazy, the mb is pretty new, I don't want UpDate the bios to the new 1301, as it also modd my CPU with the new Intel Microcode, with consequence in slowing perfmorming, and also for the risk to find myself with an expensive knick-knack if something goes wrong...
Have You some help for me? Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

JTZ1032
Level 9
Hi idiegoit,

I'm really sorry to hear of this installation issue. While I'm not sure what could be causing it, I would also be very interested to learn what it is since I was planning to install Windows 11 in the same manner next month. An alternative would be to in-place upgrade from within Windows 10 to 11 but like you I prefer to wipe the slate clean now and again.

My system specification is very similar to yours and like yours meets all the requirements. Like you I haven't updated my BIOS from the 1401 version. I already verified on this forum it isn't necessary to install the 3501 or later version (for my Rampage VI Apex) to run Windows 11.

Fingers crossed you receive some helpful advice. Thanks.

My System spec:

Asus Rampage VI Apex (BIOS 1401)(Intel ME version 11.12.92.2222)
Intel Core i9 7980XE (default clocks)
64 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 RAM
GPUs: 2x Nvidia Titan RTX
OS Disk: Neutron NX500 800GB

idiegoit
Level 7
Yes, fingers crossed we receive some helpful advice.
Your system too is fully supported from MS Windows 11
Thanks Your comments

restsugavan
Level 13
You could update from Windows 10 then use Windows Setup Storage tools to remove previous Windows Installed on your OS drive.

:cool: STEP 1 CHOOSE WINDOWS 11 STORAGE MANAGEMENT TOOLS on Windows Setup

:cool: STEP 2 CHOOSE TEMPORARY FILES

Then you will see all temporary files folder include " Previous Windows Installation " . Select it then hit remove menu on upper level menu.

Just a moment then use Windows Defragment Tools to Optimize your OS drive. Now Windows 11 was already for your system. 😮
W11CANARY 26090.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007006 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E OFFICIAL BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 551.86 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

restsugavan wrote:
You could update from Windows 10 then use Windows Setup Storage tools to remove previous Windows Installed on your OS drive.

Hi restsugavan,

Many thanks for these suggestions. I've delayed my upgrade to Windows 11 until the 22H2 version is finalized. However your tips should make it a smooth process later this year.

idiegoit
Level 7
Hi there,
i fixed the problem removing the two usb dongle wi-fi/ Bluetooth from my KeyBoard and Mouse wireless.
No message appear during the installation. All is ok now.
Thanks anymore for Your support

SOLVED