cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Armoury Crate Issues with Rampage Vi Extreme Lighting

VGAglory
Level 8
I have made the horrible mistake in switching from Aura Sync to ASUS Armoury Crate and all ready regretting it big time.

1. I noticed that if you apply any animated effects like 'Rainbow', the effect only gets applied on PC boot up into Windows.. Motherboard reverts to single color upon shut down and start up. Minor but annoying.

2. With Aura Sync you could control individual coloring of different sectors of the motherboard, whereas this does not appear possible with Armoury Crate

I tried reverting to Aura Sync and was some what successful but was unable to get the OLED panel to operate using Live Dash anymore. (Armoury Crate even after uninstall doesn't appear to want to relinquish its grip on it).

I do have Corsair Icue software installed which also allows me to control lighting and seems some what better than Armoury BUT it doesnt control the motherboard back lights correctly. This board appears to have around 8 (?) backlights and icue only allows color changes to two (top two), the others display random colors.

Just wondered if any one else was experiencing similar issues and/or had any workarounds or advise.
6 REPLIES 6

Hopper64
Level 15
There are settings in crate to control shut down effects for the MB. Just click on the board and you should see those settings.

It’s still buggy at times. There’s several threads in the software section on various issues.*

*https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?205
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

cekeu
Level 12
Armory crate is not good for the R6E, the card came out well before and has a compatibility problem with. Aura sync offers all the options necessary for the R6E that Armory does not offer

Hopper64
Level 15
But crate is on the download page now for the R6E. Asus recommends it although it’s buggy at times.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

VGAglory
Level 8
I tried to uninstall Crate and revert to Aura and I was able to do this with much messing about but since installing Crate I am unable to revert back to Live Dash to control the OLED Display. After uninstalling Crate and re-installing Live Dash, Live Dash does not let me make any changes to the display anymore. I hazard a guess that Crate does not cleanly uninstall and leaves traces of itself. If I could work out a way to get Live Dash working again post Crate uninstall I would be a happy man. And no I am not prepared just quite yet to revert to a clean Windows install.

You'd be correct about the messy uninstall leaving remnants. To date the only solution I've found is a clean windows install. I'm actually in the midst of trying to get all my rgb to work together(everything i have is RGB) and I know Crate has less lighting options but its whats I'm having the most luck with Crate at the moment as far as number of items syncing up. Everything except my claymore keyboard currently works. Its a bit buggy though and I'm assuming that's from a armory 2 install I had on this round of testing. Once my Flare keyboard comes in I'll be reinstalling windows with just Armory Crate and I'm expecting that to be the money shot. Once I confirm/deny that I may try the same thing but with aura and see if everything syncs with aura. Though in the end, I'm gonna use crate cuz It also controls all the hardware I have. Speaking of...my oled cooler didnt want to work in Crate till I downloaded and applied the latest firmware update.

Hopper64
Level 15
I have had more success with a fresh windows install for crate to work as intended. That’s not a viable option for some as I know the hassle involved.*