cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3

smithkid
Level 7
After 2 months I am getting "Access Violation in dip4.dll" which I have had previously on X99. So I controlled fans from BIOS and gave up in AI Suite. I thought it was finally working on the X299 but seems I am wrong. Not looking for a fix just posting my thoughts as I will not waste one more second on AI Suite.
5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
I came to the same conclusion about AIsuite on the Z170 chipset and havent bothered since.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
The module has been replaced by a third party when you've installed a driver, or update. You'd need to download the latest version of AI Suite and reinstall. Personally, I'd keep things how you have already. Setting things up from within the UEFI is a lot cleaner.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
The module has been replaced by a third party when you've installed a driver, or update. You'd need to download the latest version of AI Suite and reinstall. Personally, I'd keep things how you have already. Setting things up from within the UEFI is a lot cleaner.

Well I have to admit that I did waist more than a few seconds after getting the dll error message. I uninstalled AI Suite 3 and installed the latest version but still got the same error. My next move would be a registry clean (but that usually causes more problems than it solves (IMHO). No, all fans and pumps are working to my satisfaction by being controlled from within the BIOS. Which leads me to a question. I have BT mouse and keyboard which won't connect until I am booted into OS. This means I have to attach a USB mouse to work in the UEFI BIOS. Is there a workaround?

smithkid wrote:
Well I have to admit that I did waist more than a few seconds after getting the dll error message. I uninstalled AI Suite 3 and installed the latest version but still got the same error. My next move would be a registry clean (but that usually causes more problems than it solves (IMHO). No, all fans and pumps are working to my satisfaction by being controlled from within the BIOS. Which leads me to a question. I have BT mouse and keyboard which won't connect until I am booted into OS. This means I have to attach a USB mouse to work in the UEFI BIOS. Is there a workaround?

Yes, leave the USB mouse plugged in 😉
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Yes, leave the USB mouse plugged in 😉

I thought so.

🙂