cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 way sli

Detleg
Level 12
Hi Yall
Will the Apex support 4 way sli with the Intel Core i7-7820X Processor with 28 lanes or do I need the i9-7900X Processor with 44 lanes
Thanks
24 REPLIES 24

Menthol wrote:
We'll that is a different route, good luck

It's got to be like that for now, but no worries my friend, maybe one day I will chase your records 😄

JustinThyme
Level 13
Different route, different boat, different crew....You been in the moonshine again? :rolleyes::cool:

You intending on running 4 way XLI on that board with a 6700K?

It says 4 16X PCIE lanes but that doesnt mean they can all run X16, CPU cant do it. 1x16 or 2x8 or 1x8+2x4 is what the 6700K is good for. Best you can do is two X8 and thats the slowest the card will run at and for the cards you have X8 is plenty.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Different route, different boat, different crew....You been in the moonshine again? :rolleyes::cool:

You intending on running 4 way XLI on that board with a 6700K?

It says 4 16X PCIE lanes but that doesnt mean they can all run X16, CPU cant do it. 1x16 or 2x8 or 1x8+2x4 is what the 6700K is good for. Best you can do is two X8 and thats the slowest the card will run at and for the cards you have X8 is plenty.

hahaha no booze for me buddy, I was not planning on running 4 sli period, 3 max and yes for that I have plenty 🙂

Detleg
Level 12
just today I got a notifier from new egg that they received a shipment of the Rampage VI Extreme, it was sold out in 10 min......10 flipping minutes LMAO

Detleg
Level 12
Hey guys, here is my first run, not tooo bad without tweaking