cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your chance to request hardware/software forum guides

Raja
Level 13
As the title says. Got a guide request (hardware or software)? This is the thread to make the request in. Can't guarantee we can do everything or the scope of what can be covered, but put your requests here and we'll do our best.

Keep support queries or anything off-topic out of the thread please.

~Raja
33 REPLIES 33

Hello team, how is every one? I have an issue that I would like te get help with.
-I purchased WD_BLACK SN750 for my asus rog g752vm
-installed in the PCIe slot
-reboot laptop
-original hard drive still inside which contains Operating SYSTEM
-laptop reboots but wont pass the initial screen of ASUS then turns off and the cycle continues like that.
-I turn off the laptop and take the SSD NVMe card off.
- I reboot the laptop again with the original hard drive and it turns on fine.

can any one help me figure what is wrong here.
I have gone in to the BIOS and selected the boot options to be original hard drive as primary but no luck on making the laptop boot.

ROG Strix Flare Play/Pause button light
Has anyone else had the Play/Pause button light stop working? The function of the button still works but the white light behind doesnt turn on. I have tried updating the firmware but makes no difference. Possibly this is a RMA?

just i play may games,, and this game is my favorite game. here is many simulation strategy and also many many goods. grafic dizain good.
Cock private server

Hey Everyone! I was wondering if anyone has a guide or diagram for setting up the ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000 Router with the best settings? Mine keeps cutting out and I have to keep rebooting it for it to work again. Only lasts a few hours then I have to reboot it again. I'm thinking it is a setting problem. I need help please? Thanks Guys!

chrsplmr wrote:

1. Tweaking, OC'n Memory. Understanding clocks and settings.

This is probably the biggest challenge to deal with for anyone. Overclocking is like art. Some of us learn it quickly, while some of us need more time. The key is actually to understand the basics. Knowledge and experience growth through time which is also very essential. In my opinion, ROG forums have lots of useful information and knowledgeable users out there. Don't get me wrong, I respect the works on other forums however I just think that ROG forums should have this type guide explained thoroughly 🙂

Raja@ASUS wrote:

1) On which platform - any specifics? Target audience?

Hi Raja,
It would be cool if more complex platforms would have these guides. I'm thinking the X299 (unless the new socket for Intel changes users can start learning from here), X399 (the same for AMD as this could be a base), and possibly the AM4 sockets.

kdawg
Level 7
trying to get instructions on how to change keyboard in gl553vd does this count? im new here.

wonderin
Level 8
Raja@ASUS wrote:
As the title says. Got a guide request (hardware or software)? This is the thread to make the request in. Can't guarantee we can do everything or the scope of what can be covered, but put your requests here and we'll do our best.

Keep support queries or anything off-topic out of the thread please.

~Raja

Hi. I know you've already done a great job making a Broadwell-E overlocking guides.
I personally would be gratefull for any guides about overclocking those CPUs over XMP profiles for high speed RAM.
There are lots of opposite opinions about the bclk size value for those specific cases.
As far as I know, the Integrated Memory Controller on Broadwell-E cannot reach high speeds without getting a boost from the BCLK, otherwise XMP won't be stable. But most of people tell me opposite stuff so I'm confused and can't move on with my cpu overclocking.
Need an expert guidelines. *

Is it possible to allow G703GI to undervolt 8750h? I know it is a locked cpu but most of the gaming laptops with 8750h (including those which cost only 1/3 of G703GI) are capable of undervolting their cpu.*

I do noticed that some G703 owners able to undervolt their machines but most of them (including me) cant.

Thank you*

What about a guide for the ROG Strix X570 series and a basic overview of its BIOS/UEFI? I've played around with the BIOS a fair amount in the week since I've had the board and I still feel a bit lost and unsure of some things. Maybe include some how-to's of the basic stuff like setting up boot priority and setting the RAM speed to match the speed you paid for?

Shadow277
Level 7
I understand overclocking with heat sinks is foolish, but I am curious if anyone is still on the Asus Z170-AR and happen to slap on the Dark Rock Pro 4. I want to get the most out of air cooling but I fear that my Viper RAM may bar installation. Does anyone have insight to this?