cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your chance to request hardware/software forum guides

Raja
Level 13
As the title says. Got a guide request (hardware or software)? This is the thread to make the request in. Can't guarantee we can do everything or the scope of what can be covered, but put your requests here and we'll do our best.

Keep support queries or anything off-topic out of the thread please.

~Raja
33 REPLIES 33

I am extremely surprised that ROG doesn't have a forum dedicated to the Rampage V Edition 10 MBO! One would think that this flagship motherboard would warrant a dedicated forum; is there any thought to creating one?

For Z270 motherboards

I'd like to see a guide that covers everything about M.2 SSDs:

1. M.2 SSD PCIe NVMe as a boot device

2. 2x M.2 SSD PCIe NVMe in RAID 0 as a boot device

3. M.2 SSD SATA as a boot device

and anything else you think is relevant. Thanks.

I wish there were guides for getting Linux working on each model of laptop. even if you just start with one Distro (as starting with all could be overwhelming). I'd suggest going with Ubuntu/Debian because that's what I use. 😄 But seriously, it has a massive community, Canonical is back on focus, and many people use some flavor of this.

Also, what are the stars and icons next to some posts? What do they mean?
Linux bruh.

I bought a Ryzen CPU and I followed the OC instructional video on YouTube but I could tell it was a few Bios generations behind ...certain options looked different so had to wing it ... still a great video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBmVf0S4UDs&t=1007s

Make a 8700k OC guide using Maximus x hero Wi-Fi ac motherboard.

So, I have an issue with my cooler, sometimes (usually if there is a small impact with the laptop) my left side (if I stay in front of the laptop) cooler starts to make a grinding noise. Tried to shake/turn around/blow in it nothing helps, it just stops by itself after a while. Not necessarily when it stops spinning, but after a while, sometimes it stops spinning and starts again and it still makes the grinding noise. In the beginning, I thought to make the of the cables (either the blue or red one) touch the fan and makes the sound, but now I think it is just decalibrated or smth. So I think to change it. But it's kind of hard to find one, there is one on eBay but it is for the right side (GPU) for the left side (actually both left and right) can find on aliexpress....but I am not sure if I should trust it.....what do you think. Did anyone had the same issue? how di you solve it? It was doing it since I bought it...
Cheers.

Hello , i am trying to install windows 7 fom an usb, but it seems i can´t set the BIOS correctly, so the mobo recognizes the usb, but the windows wont load in the startup, i cant figure out, how to set the boot priorities correctly either.
Thank you in advance.

sergiorevit wrote:
Hello , i am trying to install windows 7 fom an usb, but it seems i can´t set the BIOS correctly, so the mobo recognizes the usb, but the windows wont load in the startup, i cant figure out, how to set the boot priorities correctly either.
Thank you in advance.

depending on what board you have, I have boot device priority and boot setting configuration, I would go to the second option set the boot configuration in the first boot press enter and select the usb then second the ssd (harddrive) esc key that option go to boot device priority select usb as the 2nd option would of prioritised it then 2nd hdd then hit f10 to save and exit.

also make sure you have made the bootable usb properly from memory you need to write it as a image.

I am new so I may missed it, but is there a guide to set up GU501GM? I had my laptop and was reading forums looking for “how to” basically put it together for beginners. Thank you!

NoneYa wrote:
I am new so I may missed it, but is there a guide to set up GU501GM? I had my laptop and was reading forums looking for “how to” basically put it together for beginners. Thank you!

Hi, I am also looking for that!