cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORST WARRANTY! They took my laptop for 2 months! HOW?

allychai
Level 7
I am not sure where is the right location for me to post up, please move my topic to the right place if I am wrong.
Also, this case is happened in Malaysia, but I have no clue what should I do to get back my laptop.
Therefore I can only disturbing Asus website/forum so someone could realise my problem and takenote/attend it rather than no responses at all.

I have sent my laptop for warranty on 21 March 2015, the problems of the 2 years old laptop is a lot.
-Touch screen cannot touch
-System hand
-Overhear
-Bluescreen
However, it will shut down itself when u use half way, also very laggy, I am not a gamer, therefore the laptop is actually just for normal use.

The customer service said that it will only take 1 week to repair.
After 1 week and I called up, they say that they are ordering the lcd, motherboard, hdd, etc to repair.
And these nonsenses drag until 1 and half month and still telling me that they are ordering, sometimes they said, its fixing, and also sometimes they will say. fix already but still not functioning.
The customer careline via phone call having rubbish attitude as they even ask me to call up everyday to ask about the laptop when I asking them how come it takes so long time to complete.
I understand that Asus cannot repair their own product and do not have the technician, need 3rd party from outside to repair for it.
But when I ask for the technician contact number and details, they even told me that they do not know.

Few days before 1st of May, I called up AGAIN to ask about my laptop. Finally they gave some different answer and they said that5 my laptop couldn't be fix, asking me to write up an email to their tech support attach with my receipt of purchase and service form.
I did that on 1st of May and till now, they still not replying me anything.
On 8th of May, I called up again and they say they need 7 to 14 days to reply, today already the 16th days.
They have already hold my laptop for 57days.

I am an IT student, I need my laptop to perform some tasks. I pay for the laptop and they holding my laptop for so long.
Who is going to compensate me for my losses where I always stay back in my university just to do some minor task and also computer in uni doesn't meet those spec that I need.
Who is going to compensate for my time?
I spend so much to purchase a laptop and end up I am like throwing the money into a dustbin.

I have sent a lot email to them, call also called a lot times already, I haven even made Aduan complaint to NCCC.
I got no clue who can help me to get back my laptop, the replacement unit since they said my laptop can't be fixed.

I have just did a complaint to VIP member of Asus after reading some complaint post stated by others, also Malaysia's case.

So what can I do now? Wait again?

I am really so frustrated over this thing, I seriously not going to suggest other ppl buying Asus because their after sales is really no quality at all. T.T
i am regret of choosing Asus, seriously. My worst decision in my life.

Do I need to include any serial number, RMA in order for some one that can help me?
6 REPLIES 6

sk2play
Level 13
This CS X sucks to hear.
OMG
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

allychai
Level 7
Ya.. I really so disappointed with Asus.

bastian827
Level 9
Yeah, that is really disappointing. However, if you can afford to buy new computer then it is better to buy new computer. If they said that your computer cannot be fix and your computer warranty is expired. There's no point in waiting for their response.

bastian827 wrote:
Yeah, that is really disappointing. However, if you can afford to buy new computer then it is better to buy new computer. If they said that your computer cannot be fix and your computer warranty is expired. There's no point in waiting for their response.

The laptop sent in within the warranty period, and wait until warranty end.
So they shall not charge me for any fees for repairing.

chrsplmr
Level 18
allychai - Welcome to ROG.

So sorry to read this as well. We all want the best to work out, we expect it.
Even though each region has different warranties and service agreement arrangements
there really is never a good excuse for not handling things professionally to the customers satisfaction.
((Where applicable-some are abusers, which this does not appear to be one.))

Allow me to ask a few questions to clear things up a bit:
1. What model laptop ?
2. Date of Purchase ?
3. Was the Warranty 24M or 36M ?
4. Was this a Warranty claim or a repair ?
5. ((This question is not for you but rather Asus, Malaysia.))
If a screen and motherboard are available how is it possible for this laptop not to be repairable ??
Were you given a quote if it could not be repaired under warranty ?

Please keep us posted. Thank you for the calm respectful (to we humble members and associates) explanation of
your position in bringing this to light.
This is how things move forward best instead of lost in rants and rages no matter how warranted the frustration is.
Best of Luck in this. Stay persistent. Hopefully they can work this out in some manner.
If it is not still under warranty, at what charge ? Is there a replacement laptop available, perhaps at a discount or better.
At the least ... you should receive your laptop back ... there are motherboards for it. .c.

chrsplmr wrote:
allychai - Welcome to ROG.

So sorry to read this as well. We all want the best to work out, we expect it.
Even though each region has different warranties and service agreement arrangements
there really is never a good excuse for not handling things professionally to the customers satisfaction.
((Where applicable-some are abusers, which this does not appear to be one.))

Allow me to ask a few questions to clear things up a bit:
1. What model laptop ?
2. Date of Purchase ?
3. Was the Warranty 24M or 36M ?
4. Was this a Warranty claim or a repair ?
If a screen and motherboard are available how is it possible for this laptop not to be repairable ??

Please keep us posted. Thank you for the calm respectful (to we humble members and associates) explanation of
your position in bringing this to light.
This is how things move forward best instead of lost in rants and rages no matter how warranted the frustration is.
Best of Luck in this. Stay persistent. Hopefully they can work this out in some manner.
If it is not still under warranty, at what charge ? Is there a replacement laptop available, perhaps at a discount or better.
At the least ... you should receive your laptop back ... there are motherboards for it. .c.

Good morning,

1. What model laptop ? Asus Vivobook S550C
2. Date of Purchase ? 14th April 2013
3. Was the Warranty 24M or 36M ? 24M
4. Was this a Warranty claim or a repair ? Warranty claim (I sent in my laptop before my warranty ends)
No quote, because it shall be under warranty. Just that they keep on order, and fixed, but still have yet to fix successfully.
The problem now where I understand from their customer service, they have requested my replacement same model laptop from Taiwan.
He mentioned it will take 4 to 5 weeks to deliver from Taiwan (He mentioned it when I called up on 18th May 2015)
But calculating from 20th April to now its already end of 5th week. Somehow there's still no improvement/progress that able to tell me.
The customer service guy just say he will remind them to make the progress fast a bit, true or false? I do not know.
The VIP Asus replied me, but only 1 time. After that I write back to them, they did not reply anymore.