cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows installation

brandonsrc
Level 7
[HTML][/HTML]Hello forumers, I'm Brandon. I recently built myself a pc and its done now. This is the spec of my pc.
Proc: i5-6600k
Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Ram: G.Skill4 2600mhz 8gb x 4
GPU: Strix 1060 o-6-g
Psu: Corsair RM650x
Storage: Corsair MP500 m.2 240gb

I bought a windows 10 pro key and flashed a usb drive into UEFI bootable drive. How should i proceed now? I want my windows install in my mp500 and what should i do to my bios.
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi brandonsrc

Yep I agree with Chino do a UEFI windows install.

Connect the usb device to your pc, in the bios on the boot tab disable CSM and set secure boot to "Other Os", then select boot option 1 as your usb device with UEFI in front of it, it should be listed twice one with UEFI and one without then hit F10 and Enter and windows should install.

Be sure your M.2 drive is the only drive connected when installing windows.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi brandonsrc

Connect the usb device to your pc, in the bios on the boot tab disable CSM and set secure boot to "Other Os", then select boot option 1 as your usb drive with UEFI in front of it, it should be listed twice one with UEFI and one without then hit F10 and Enter and windows should install.

Be sure your M.2 drive is the only drive connected when installing windows.
do i need to touch storage configuration?

Nate152
Auto should be fine but on the advanced tab, onboard device configuration you might can set pciex8_4 and M.2 to M.2 if you have the option.