cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***Win An ASUS PB287Q Monitor: 2014 4K UHD Wallpaper Competition!***

X-ROG
Level 15
See here!
http://rog.asus.com/315792014/gaming-monitors/win-an-asus-pb287q-monitor-2014-4k-uhd-wallpaper-compe...

Competition Rules (the serious bit – pay attention here)
We reserve the right to reject entries that do not meet the requirements.
Entries must be your own work.
Submitted wallpapers must be 3840 x 2160 pixels resolution. Other resolutions such as: 1920 x 1080, 2560 x 1440 or 5760 x 1080 can be added but won’t be submitted into the competition.
Entries must contain the name of your work so we can identify it.
There is no limit to the number of entries one person can submit, however, they must offer a ‘significant difference’ to be attributed as additional entries.
We cannot accept entries that use copyrighted materials from other companies or brands.
They must remain tasteful (yes, we know you guys!): you can titillate, but no nips or adult bits on show.
The competition ends on Sunday 6th July 2014.
ROG reserves the right to upload any of the entries (along with due credit to the designer) to the ROG site downloads page when the competition is complete. Winners have 1 week to reply after the public announcement.
The prizes are non-exchangeable for cash or other items of the same value.

Some ROG materials to help you create wallpapers. If you get 'bandwidth exceeded' then please try tomorrow as it's a 24 hour limit on my personal account.

ROG Logo rar file
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/3E77B770EA7A469E927BEB6125C52B3DY

ROG Computex product pics rar file
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/7FC8056BFEBE47F2A580D0248E543C71Y

Other recent products you might like, please PM me for requests for others:
Maximus VII Hero pics
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/60769639B45E481E9FB5507834698795Y

Matrix R9 290X/GTX 780Ti
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/47EE85DE09AF4775B21251D61CE2A591Y

G750
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/F39559E01AE543F786373E0E9213E467Y
783 REPLIES 783

rench
Level 7

pafflick
Level 9
Phew, I've made it through all of your entries, some of them are no longer available, so you may want to check if your entry is still there. 😉

So far I have 3 favourites, which are most likely going to get my votes (everyone can cast three votes, right?) if they make it to the finals (and if there will be no more entries that I will like more). Two of them were made by weedartwork, post #118 and #231 and the third by Nico J in post #234 (second entry). The explosion looks a bit out of context and non-realistic, but I like the overall concept.

I will make something too and post it soon, hope you will like it. Good luck to everyone! 🙂

pafflick wrote:
Phew, I've made it through all of your entries, some of them are no longer available, so you may want to check if your entry is still there. 😉

So far I have 3 favourites, which are most likely going to get my votes (everyone can cast three votes, right?) if they make it to the finals (and if there will be no more entries that I will like more). Two of them were made by weedartwork, post #118 and #231 and the third by Nico J in post #234 (second entry). The explosion looks a bit out of context and non-realistic, but I like the overall concept.

I will make something too and post it soon, hope you will like it. Good luck to everyone! 🙂

thanks man, thanks a lot , 🙂 but, the winners will be picked by ASUS, am i right?

and for my non-realistic explosion., . . . yes it was. that place should not be exploded , hahahhaha 🙂
Let's get 32 Gigs of RAM for our brain ! , Be 100% creative 😄

Nico J wrote:
the winners will be picked by ASUS, am i right?

Yes, but only the top 10 (as voted by us) will get qualified and then the ASUS staff will pick the winners. I will be happy if my entry will just get qualified. 🙂

pedroxd
Level 7
Hi, i have not understood 2 things>
1)
the winners (monitor and mobo) will be selected from the top 10 votes entries. that is from the 10 most votes entries will the winner be selected?
or
there will be selected a winner from the top 10 voted entries that show computex new products and from the top 10 entries that show the others things?

and till when is the vote period? it is till 6 jully , but what hout time pacific time? london time? etc?

Bozzified
Level 7
I'm not sure folks understood what the purpose of this competition is?

90% of the wallpapers created are fantasy, logo, robot based entries that don't have any products noted by the ROG team.

What's confusing to me is that entries are accepted but have not fallen under the rules/requirements of the competition.

If entries are accepted that don't have required products in the art, can they still win the competition? This is very confusing.

I spent a lot of time creating art of my wallpaper submissions (alongside a few others) around the products requested. It would have been much easier for me if I didn't have to include the products and make some robot based and non-specific gaming wallpapers.

Can someone from ASUS comment on this? Thanks.

Static_FX
Level 10
Bozz,

ASUS PB287Q 4K UHD Monitor Winner Selection:
Selection criteria: Wallpapers must directly reference the ROG brand, ROG design, any ROG product, or ROG history (we’re 8 years old this year!)
Correct entrants will be displayed for a public vote. ROG forum members can vote for a maximum of 3 entries. At the end of the public vote period, the winner will be chosen by ROG staff at ASUS HQ from the top 10 entries.

ANY wallpaper submitted can fall into this, as long as it references something with ROG (logo, product etc) winner selected from the top 10 voted in

Maximus VII Gene + ROG Front Base Winner Selection:
Selection criteria: Wallpapers must directly reference the ROG brand, ROG design, any ROG product, or ROG history.

Correct entrants will be displayed for a public vote. ROG forum members can vote for a maximum of 3 entries. At the end of the public vote period, the winner will be chosen by ROG staff at ASUS HQ from the top 10 entries that were produced by ROG forum members with a minimum of 15 posts and 30 days membership (by end of competition).
same as above, but the winner must be a member for at least 30 days (at time of the comp ends) and have 15 votes. Winner pick by asus from the top 10 voted by you..

Computex Prize Winner Selection:
Selection criteria: Wallpapers must directly reference any of the new products launched at Computex (only 1 product per entry will be considered):

ARES III
Maximus VII Formula
Maximus VII Impact
Crossblade Ranger
GR8
G20
GX500
GK2000
Gladius
PG278Q
The winners will be chosen by ROG staff at ASUS HQ at the end of the competition. One game code will be chosen per best wallpaper based around each new product launched.
This one is ONLY for wallpapers about the new products launched at computex. Must be ONE product in the wallpaper (I think) and will be picked by the staff to win a game code.

@ASUS correct me if I am wrong 🙂

and I would LOVE to win the front base!! so cool!! 🙂

pedroxd
Level 7
@Bozzifiedu have a great entry, u need to hope that people will vote for u given the fact the ur entry is so good. but anyway, even a blank page is a wallpaper. i dont see by what u understand by a wallpaper

pedroxd wrote:
u need to hope that people will vote for u given the fact the ur entry is so good.

I just knew it.. and thats the reason why the public voting is a very bad idea, like always!

Anyway.., he will have my vote, because I am not jealous cun.t, and he deserved it.

Knotic wrote:
I just knew it.. and thats the reason why the public voting is a very bad idea, like always!

Anyway.., he will have my vote, because I am not jealous cun.t, and he deserved it.

Thanks man.. I think people will vote for what they like. I think it's for everyone to have a great wallpaper for their ASUS equipped computers. If people don't want my wallpaper but something else it's up to them.

I really wanted to make something nice and dedicated my free time. If I get voted for it's great, but if not I guess it's people's choice and people will use whatever they feel is nicer for them.

I personally feel that my entries reflect the gaming culture and ROG products in an awesome way but what I think is irrelevant as it is an open competition.

Thanks for the support though.