cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Is This Site So Slow ?

Dicehunter
Level 10
So I've noticed out of all the sites I visit this is the slowest of all them, I tried at a few friends houses and even at work and still it's slow, At home I have a 100meg fibre optic connection and this site is still slow.

This isn't just lately either, I've noticed this has been happening sporadically since I joined in late 2011.

I think it's time Asus upgraded their servers or did a little spring cleaning because for a hardware company their site is going at a snails pace 😞

9 REPLIES 9

ganji
Level 13
+1
Everyone I send here just gives up because it's so slow as well a the usual comments like "OMG a big company like Asus and they can't run a website" It doesn't look too good does it.

Retired
Not applicable
Why? Because Asus.

chrsplmr
Level 18
They are just mess'n with the 'noobs' .. after 2000 posts the forum flys .. I have to open
it on an old compaq just to surf it.

I just look'd at All the World OC records held by Asus/ROG .. 'website' isn't one of them. .c.

chrsplmr wrote:
They are just mess'n with the 'noobs' .. after 2000 posts the forum flys .. I have to open
it on an old compaq just to surf it.

I just look'd at All the World OC records held by Asus/ROG .. 'website' isn't one of them. .c.

Lmao! 😄

Raja
Level 13
Its the malware and the spyware we use to keep a tab on you all. Plus we're looking at ways of implementing a futuristic 2-way chat mech that will allow this move through the TV screen:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/30/article-2548611-1B12BEEA00000578-886_634x413.jpg

It's called the scrap-diddly-app 🙂

More serious note, its the way the servers are routed AFAIK for global login purposes.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Its the malware and the spyware we use to keep a tab on you all. Plus we're looking at ways of implementing a futuristic 2-way chat mech that will allow this move through the TV screen:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/30/article-2548611-1B12BEEA00000578-886_634x413.jpg

It's called the scrap-diddly-app 🙂

More serious note, its the way the servers are routed AFAIK for global login purposes.

Nice App ^_^

I know this isn't your department but on a serious note there are a multitude of sites around the world from companies a lot smaller than Asus who's websites fly even with people logging in from around the globe.

A site in the UK called overclockers.co.uk on a daily basis has 3000 people active at the same time on their forum and it's always snappy and people login from places as far away as Japan *A few friends live there* as it is quite a good place for news.

The most this site has had logged in according to the stats supplied by Asus is exactly 1,862 and that was in October last year and usually has in the region of a few hundred active at any given time.

Personally I think it just comes down to lazy site development and Asus not wanting to spend money.

Retired
Not applicable
Weird, it must be 500 times as complex as HP site, where pages load pretty much immediatelly upon clicking on links.

Seriously, there is no excuse for this. The whole Asus domain is on its arse since maybe ten years ago (from normal user who just wants to download friggin' drivers's perspective - I am sure Asus management and admins are totally happy about the performance).

Retired
Not applicable
I think I've had it with this crap site, obviously noone from Asus gives a damn, and I don't have enough patience to wait 10 (or more at times) seconds for something to happen after each mouse click.

edit: Opening a thread just took me 2 minutes 21 seconds. It cannot get more ridiculous than this. Year 2014. F**k this.

ganji
Level 13
It's getting ridiculous isn't it and the 10 second's is an understatement. I can click to launch this site and then go through all the security to login to my bank before this site loads.

Edit: going from page 1 or new post's to page 2 took minutes.
Search took 0.17 seconds; generated 4 minute(s) ago.