cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is Asus' biggest rival in the whole industry?

johndoeasus
Level 7
Just wondering who Asus' biggest rival is in the whole industry?
28 REPLIES 28

For me whenever I purchase something, I see if Asus has a version of it.
Power and Performance
Silent and Cool.
Asus is King.

I am Asus obsessed, I was even trying to buy a Asus T-Shirt the other day to wear on Christmas day but I couldn't find one.

Skynet Gearhead wrote:
For me whenever I purchase something, I see if Asus has a version of it.
Power and Performance
Silent and Cool.
Asus is King.

I am Asus obsessed, I was even trying to buy a Asus T-Shirt the other day to wear on Christmas day but I couldn't find one.

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/asus+t-shirts

I think it'll probably be MSI, might be one of the reasons ROG is changing to copper instead of red because red could also be seen as 'MSI'

Gigabyte is also very relevant too, depends what region you are in, MSI isn't really prevalent where I live (New Zealand) so Gigabyte will be the main competitor here.

EVGA is sort of in the western area but they only really do graphics card so I don't think thats a huge deal. There are also a lot of random Chinese brands like Colorful but are mainly popular in China so don't think they are that much of a competition at a global scale.

Sh3pathome wrote:
I think it'll probably be MSI, might be one of the reasons ROG is changing to copper instead of red because red could also be seen as 'MSI'

ROG black&red and MSI's black&red do look similar. ROG is changing to "copper"? But MSI also already has yellow, orange, blue, green, hi-vis clash, hot pink, radioactive green, camo, winter camo, black, grey, etc. So does Gigabyte. Some gamers or modders want a mobo or graphics card which fits the "theme" of their build, I can easily imagine brand becoming second to theme for many buyers.

I wish ROG offered some colour/theme options to their buyers. Sort of like when you buy an iPhone or a car or something - pick your colour, pick your trim, even pay some ungodly premium to Asus to pick a factory-made one-of-a-kind custom colour scheme. There is no better way to support customizing customers, and honestly I think if ROG won't do it first then MSI/Gigabyte/etc will beat them to it.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Here is the list:

Custom PC(has sub-categories)
Motherboard: Gigabyte(ASUS sits at top while Gigabyte is giving very strong competition)
GPU: EVGA(ASUS sits at top but EVGA is very strong competitor)

Pre-built PC: DELL(DELL beats ASUS)

Display: DELL, ACER(DELL beats ASUS for professional work(with little margin) ASUS beats Acer and Crushes DELL in gaming criteria overall ASUS is on top)

Laptop: DELL, MSI(DELL beats ASUS in non-gaming lineup, ASUS beats DELL and MSI in gaming series with its ROG lineup)

Smartphone: SONY, Apple(SONY sits at top in android list while Apple is different story )

Tablet: Apple(cannot compare as did not test ASUS tab but for now Apple is on top)

In Custom PC and Laptop(Gaming) categories ASUS sits on top no doubt and that good enough to be crazy about it. Especially ROG series takes it to completely new level.

Different categories have different competitors.

****NOTE: THE ABOVE LIST IS MADE BASED PRIMARILY ON QUALITY, SMOOTHNESS & LONGEVITY NOT BASED ON FEATURES****

OMG you legend!
Thank you 😮 😄

Chino wrote:
https://www.redbubble.com/shop/asus+t-shirts

To be honest, in my opinion I think MSI is their biggest rival.*

ASUS has no rivals... ASUS then ten places empty;)

johndoeasus
Level 7
Thanks for the answers guys. I'm talking about all round.

Korth
Level 14
lol ASUS is a multi-billion-dollar global OEM, Wikipedia says ASUS is primarily in the industry of "computer hardware" and "electronics", with a range of products including "desktops, laptops, netbooks, mobile phones, networking equipment, monitors, projectors, motherboards, graphics cards, optical storage, multimedia products, peripherals, wearables, servers, workstations, and tablet PCs". Wikipedia doesn't say much about ASUS involvement with manufacturing, research, engineering, subsidiaries, technical services, outsourcing, insourcing, logistics, marketing - which, given ASUS's worldwide (and sometimes world-leading) scope of operations, are basically mighty mini-industries in themselves.

Who is ASUS's all round biggest rival in the whole industry? ASUS has many rivals in many industries. You'll get different answers and different "Top 10" lists from Gartner, BusinessWeek, and PCWorld; different "Awards" from London, Hong Kong, Wall Street, and Taiwan market analysts; you'll even get different answers from ASUS's own online media in different countries, each emphasizing the products and interests which appeal most to their local markets. Your question is simply too broad, vague, and nonspecific - it cannot properly be answered in any meaningfully absolute and specific context.

Here on the ASUS ROG Forums we're largely interested in gaming and overclocking. So the products we know best are things like gaming motherboards, gaming graphics cards, gaming monitors, gaming laptops, gaming keyboards and mice. And we're most interested, of course, in ASUS ROG products - partly because this forum is provided and paid for by ASUS - but also very much because ROG gear is quite often the very best of the best stuff available. ASUS isn't a perfect company by any means, it has plenty of faults, but ASUS tech is consistently high-quality, high-reliability, and high-performance - ROG-branded products in particular have a focus on pushing thresholds with innovative gaming and overclocking technologies.

Pick an ASUS product, go to whatever store sells it, and see what other companies sell competing products. Go online and start comparing ASUS products/services to competitor products/services. That's probably about the best answer you'll get (and have been given) around here unless your question is specifically related to things we know like gaming, overclocking, ROG wares, and ROG-competing wares.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]