cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happend to the new ROG power supplies??

TheOnlyDoor
Level 7
So a big promotional push was made at the end of October about the New ROG Power supplies that would be prepared for next gen Graphics cards. Even reviewers had the power supplies and all said the 1000w Plantinum 2 would drop mid November and the 1200watt and 1600w variants mid December.
So far not one has shown up at any retailer and it seems ASUS has gone dark about them.
I have a 12900k sitting here on my desk as I was waiting on one of these psu's to complete my build.
Has anyone heard anything?
4 REPLIES 4

pndiode
Level 11
More than likely, still testing to see if the OLED and RGB can last 3 years due to Armoury Crate or Aura Creator bugs (Aura Sync discontinued). OLEDs and RGB covered for 3 years warranty, but core product operation is for 10 years warranty.

Anyway, I could be wrong.

How old is this article?
Because ASUS just announced the Platinum II Series of power supplies about a month ago.
In fact it's still up on ASUS website.
https://rog.asus.com/us/articles/psus/rog-thor-1600w-titanium-platinum-ii-intro/

Indominus
Level 7
They are on sale in Japan and Australia. Nothing in USA yet. Hopefully soon. Like you I am waiting.

Indominus wrote:
They are on sale in Japan and Australia. Nothing in USA yet. Hopefully soon. Like you I am waiting.

With this in mind, it's likely global shipping trouble. All of those markets are close to where production is. Would definitely love to know more!
| Intel Core i7 12700K @ 5.3 GHz | G.SKILL 2x16 GB DDR5 @ 6000 MHz CL36 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO | ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Ti OC Edition |