cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the New ROG Forum!

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

We are excited to be launching a completely new platform which is highly customizable, so look around and let us know what you think. Adjustments and improvements can be made with ease if the majority agrees. Remember, this is just a new beginning and we're glad to have you with us.

The new ROG Forum is much simpler to nagivate, post and upload files from mobile devices. The new search function combined with filters also help you find what you want, and who you want faster. 

A new ranking system will reward members who help, share, and contribute to the ROG community constructively. Some benefits include personalized avatars, post edits and deletions, blog publishing, and much more. 

@Sineira1 wrote:

The page buttons are missing for the individual threads so I need to first click a thread and then scroll all the way to the bottom to navigate to the last page containing  the information I'm looking for.

Maybe this will help you. (see attached image)

Jump to first unread messageJump to first unread message

Best,
Petosiris           About me  |  PC specs  |  Favorite game  |  How to make a PC specs image and link to it in your signature

F1Aussie
Level 11

I only use mobile devices for viewing forums and this forum does look fresher and more modern than the previous one but i found the previous one easier to view what i wanted to, i never used the search functionality on the older one as i always just went to the most recent unread posts to read what was new there, it was simple. Does Asus consider this new forum complete or they are adding extra features to it bit by bit as it matures?

The old forum only displayed 3 of the most recent posts on the homepage, now you can see more. Community Activity is the same thing. You can check the filter - it should say 'Most Recent'. When you click on any of the threads, the unread posts will be shown first (unread posts are indicated by a glowing red bar on the left of the post).

The products sections took up 4 full pages on the old homepage, now there is a dropdown bar at the top to reduce scrolling, still a single-click to enter any of the product sections. Every product section also has updated photo thumbnails. 

What 'extra features' are you looking for exactly? 

Yes I know what you mean about there only being 3 of the most recent posts but you could press a button below that, it may have been called "see more" and then it would take you to a page that had all the recent unread posts condensed in a list. I think you could choose how many you wanted to view on one page and it also had a marker that allowed you to know where the new unread posts ended. The thing I liked about that was that you could just see the topic names so less scrolling was required and you could view all unread posts from all the different channels together, you did not have to go from one to the other and look for new posts in each of those channels. I have not been able to work out if that function exists in this new forum.

The other big one for me is that when I go to a topic that has news posts in it since my last visit it does not take me to the new posts, it always takes me to the first post on the first page. I have seen in preferences there is a setting to see first unread but my assumption is that it is not working? 

@F1Aussie wrote:

I have seen in preferences there is a setting to see first unread but my assumption is that it is not working? 

It works for me. At least it did last time I checked. 🙂

Best,
Petosiris           About me  |  PC specs  |  Favorite game  |  How to make a PC specs image and link to it in your signature

Mine shows to mark as read when I read them and to jump to first unread post but it does not do that, always goes to first post on the first page. 

@F1Aussie wrote:

Mine shows to mark as read when I read them and to jump to first unread post but it does not do that, always goes to first post on the first page. 

Maybe it's different, depending on where you click the link from. What if you enter the forum through the Subscriptions page? I tend to do that and click on the link to the Latest post.

rog-forum first unread-2.jpg

Best,

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes that works for me but it is a backward way to do it as I don't want to be subscribed to a ton of threads. Would just like it to function like the old forum. 

Sure, I understand that. Have a nice Easter in "downunder"! 🐣

Best,

Thanks, same to you