cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the New ROG Forum!

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

We are excited to be launching a completely new platform which is highly customizable, so look around and let us know what you think. Adjustments and improvements can be made with ease if the majority agrees. Remember, this is just a new beginning and we're glad to have you with us.

The new ROG Forum is much simpler to nagivate, post and upload files from mobile devices. The new search function combined with filters also help you find what you want, and who you want faster. 

A new ranking system will reward members who help, share, and contribute to the ROG community constructively. Some benefits include personalized avatars, post edits and deletions, blog publishing, and much more. 

@MrAgapiGC wrote:

if there is a way to make ti bigger like the post i am writing will be nice. 

I agree with your suggestion, just wanted to give you a tip on how to remedy the problem temporarily.

Go to Settings in your browser and increase Font Size or Page Zoom and see if that helps.

Settings from Opera browserSettings from Opera browser

Best,
Petosiris           About me  |  PC specs  |  Favorite game  |  How to make a PC specs image and link to it in your signature

let me try that  thanks! 

I will download a brower just for forums since sound ok, but i do not want to use zoom pages or affect the font size for a website. I will downbload a brower now just for the forums. 

Learn, Play Enjoy!

You can zoom in on webpages, by keeping the mouse cursor on the page, hold down the Ctrl key then adjust with the mouse scroll wheel.

It seems many PC users here (who do not want to use mobiles devices) prefer as much content as possible on one page. Those users will most likely be opposed to enlarging the text. 

Undestand I do not use mobile for forums. As i mention above i will download browerse app Just for the forum so phone users can continue not affectic the size of the page. 4k has to be so hard to see. thanks!

Learn, Play Enjoy!

Petroll
Level 9

Hey there - sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm trying the new forums for the first time and signed in via my google account. I tried to make 2 posts and both were flagged as spam.

I clicked on the "if you believe this was in error button" and received the message "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

If someone could point me in the right direction to solve this It would be greatly appreciated

Your post has been approved. We tightened up the security upon launching the new forum due to spam control. Sorry about that.

Sineira1
Level 9

Sorry but this format is awful. I see like 2 posts per page. Is there any way to get a more efficient and less clownish interface?

Please mind your tone in the ROG Forum.

The ROG Forum will not return to the format optimized for PC/notebook only. One of our key goals was to change to a layout which is optimized for both PC and mobile use. Lack of mobile support contributed to why a large percentage of forums have closed down since the 2010s. I understand many people (getting slightly older 😆) simply don't like change, but even Windows itself has been evolving in a way that gradually optimizes the mobile experience (moving the Start and other task bar icons to the middle, swipe actions). Change is inevitable.

Mind my tone ... and then you call me an old person not liking change.

The reason I'm critical is of course because the new format is inferior to the old one.
I used to be able to scan the forum in one glance, now I need to click through several pages.
The page buttons are missing for the individual threads so I need to first click a thread and then scroll all the way to the bottom to navigate to the last page containing  the information I'm looking for.
Even now typing in this message I have to scroll up/down to see my full message. Like looking through some keyhole.

If you wanted a forum for mobile that could perhaps have been done without maybe making is so unfriendly for PC users?
This is a forum about PC parts and now you're not going to cater to that. It seems a bit odd to say the least.

Perhaps context and humor are hard to convey appropriately via simple text, there was no intention to offend. It was just a general statement about people not liking change and especially so for 30-40+ (which obviously is true), it was implied that perhaps you were one of them. Clearly I don't know if you are, but it was meant to be a harmless comment since I am one of those people and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. 

The format is different, I wouldn't say inferior. If you have a preference, that is fine, you have a voice here (as long as the engagement is respectful). My personal opinion is of course biased, but viewing and moderating is far easier when I'm not at a desk now. The statistics show that a large portion of our forum users (almost half) try to interact via mobile devices. 

The UI and UX design, front-end and back-end are all developed by experienced professionals, we would prefer it if memebers refrain from jumping into conversations just to post insults, it is not constructive. Please spend some time on the forum and check what personal settings you have, maybe you'll grow to love it, we hope that you do. Thank you.