cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Security

Panda_Heart
Level 7
I'm looking for a web scanner that has automated vulnerability assessment and web crawling features and one that can "accurately" identify vulnerabilities. Our system was again put to compromised the other day and we are upgrading our network security. Any suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7

brkkab123
Level 7
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but Bitdefender Internet Security and Bitdefender Total Security both have a vulnerability scanner in them. It's good, too. I've used it for over 4 years now.
Personally, I'd go with Bitdefender Internet Security. Total Security only adds disk maintenance utilities to the mix.
Both also have a password manager and a secure browser for shopping, etc.
Top notch malware protection, too.

You may have adware that has written itself into the system registry.
Windows has a restore feature that will allow you to restore your system to a time prior to the infection.

There are many options available to prevent future problems but they will hinder your surfing if you want autoplay of plugins.

Ad Block Plus can be configured to be effective.
There are browser configurations that prevent autorun of malware.

In Firefox for example typing "about:config" in the address bar gives many options for example "click_to_play" limits much of the autorun problems.
Additionally setting security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_128_sha and security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_256_sha to "false" will prevent common problems from the log jam hack.

There are many more easy fixes, but never download nagware to "fix" the problem LOL!

brkkab123 wrote:
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but Bitdefender Internet Security and Bitdefender Total Security both have a vulnerability scanner in them. It's good, too. I've used it for over 4 years now.
Personally, I'd go with Bitdefender Internet Security. Total Security only adds disk maintenance utilities to the mix.
Both also have a password manager and a secure browser for shopping, etc.
Top notch malware protection, too.

I received a PM from my friend suggesting to try Beyondtrust. Did you ever know or at least heard of this provider?

Anyway, I won't have any options left and I guess I will try your recommendation. Thanks in advance!

You can try Nessus Home Edition - its free you download and its a vulnerability scanner it can check web applications, system, and few others though some of them are for premium users but the ones that are available are really good.

toronto699
Level 13

Did you encounter some problems before?

sk2play
Level 13
ESET, enough said by me
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit