cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty rejected due to cosmetic damage? Anyone else receiced this BS from ASUS?

xiaokaka
Level 7
Purchased all items early 2018. Within that list, some of your *not so cheap* products are included :
Mobo z370 STRIX Gaming E
Gpu GTX STRIX 1080ti
Display STRIX PG279Q G-Sync
76340
In September 2018, bought a soundcard STRIX Raid Pro 2nd hand under warranty.

Found out sound having issues, tested soundcard works fine on another system. So that's 1 item off that list.

While testing the soundcard and different PSU, different PCI-E slots, discovered problem came from Mobo. PCI-E slot connectivity issue.

During testing, i managed to cosmetically scratch the light grey plastic cover of the Mobo with the STRIX Raid Pro soundcard.

21st September : Sent to retailer for RMA

1st October : Retailer told me that Supplier rejected warranty because damage to plastic cover surrounding Mosfets. Tried to get retailer to put in a good word for me as i have bought quite a number of things off them and ASUS. Retailer did spot the damage before sending mobo to suppiler. But because damage was not done to PCB iteself, so they did not put much attention to it.

16th October : Retailer told me they couldn't refund or replace due to the damage. Repair will be at their cost as a favor for me. Repair will take another 2-3 weeks.


I purchase your products because of positive reviews online and Youtube. In good faith that items work as intended. And i do understand electronic components do fail before expected time frame from time to time. Every product have a minimum of 3% failure rate in mass production.

So i do not understand why are u rejecting my warranty for cosmetic damage.

I feel betrayed by the trust i have placed in this brand to receive this response. Should i have known this are the response provided to customers, i will never have put so many of my eggs in Asus' basket
931 Views
12 REPLIES 12

Nate152
Moderator
Hi xiaokaka

Unfortunately it's that way with all manufacturers.

I had an EVGA board that died on me so I sent it in for RMA, they said I put two little scratches on the pcb installing a gpu therefore RMA is void.

Since they won't RMA it and it's just a pcie x1 slot that's bad, I'd keep the motherboard and use the onboard sound.

damage isn't on PCB. it's on the plastic cover.

all other pcie x1 slot and the second pciex16 not working properlly with my x1 sound card

Nate152
Moderator
There's not much we can do, you'll likely have to bite the bullet and buy a new one.

I see amazon has the Strix z370-E gaming for 209.99. If you're approved for an Amazon Rewards Visa card it will get you 50.00 off for 159.99.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075RHWCC4/?tag=pcpapi-20

It's likely that i will not be getting any Asus product in the future.

And will be getting rid of my all 4 of my current Asus crap


My fault for trusting these tards

xiaokaka wrote:
It's likely that i will not be getting any Asus product in the future.

And will be getting rid of my all 4 of my current Asus crap


My fault for trusting these tards




Hi,

Cosmetic damage is not covered under warranty with most vendors. The best advice one can give is to take care not to physically damage products in future if looking to return them, and that goes for all appliances.

Reading the T&C for return policies for other companies and retailers will tell you that items that are received physically damaged will be returned to sender. This is not something that's specific to ASUS products and services.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hi,

Cosmetic damage is not covered under warranty with most vendors. The best advice one can give is to take care not to physically damage products in future if looking to return them, and that goes for all appliances.

Reading the T&C for return policies for other companies and retailers will tell you that items that are received physically damaged will be returned to sender. This is not something that's specific to ASUS products and services.


If I understand this correctly xiaokaka is having a problem with one of the PCIE slots and his warranty claim was rejected due to an unrelated scratch. So perhaps ASUS is confused thinking the request is to repair the scratch but it's a request to repair the PCIE slot.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
If I understand this correctly xiaokaka is having a problem with one of the PCIE slots and his warranty claim was rejected due to an unrelated scratch. So perhaps ASUS is confused thinking the request is to repair the scratch but it's a request to repair the PCIE slot.


You are correct. Problem with PCI-E slots. but warranty rejected because i scratched the plastic cover which is unrelated to damage. No PCB damage. refer to photo.


I do not expect warranty to cover my scratch. however, i expect warranty to cover the PCI-E slots to work as intended

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hi,

Cosmetic damage is not covered under warranty with most vendors. The best advice one can give is to take care not to physically damage products in future if looking to return them, and that goes for all appliances.

Reading the T&C for return policies for other companies and retailers will tell you that items that are received physically damaged will be returned to sender. This is not something that's specific to ASUS products and services.



Lucky fly-rod manufacturers are not like this. the vendors you mention should take note of hot folks like Sage, St Croix and other fly rod companies handle things.

Stew

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
That looks more like a crack than a scratch, just sayin...

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case