cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEFI(BIOS) Cant get into it after windows 10 install

iSmokeii
Level 7
Hey ,
So i recently built a new computer , with 1 SDD and 1 HDD, WD GOLD , as well as a 32gb kit at 3200Mhz.
So i installed windows , but when i did it didnt detect my HDD and said my ram speed was at 2100 mhz.
Problem im having is i cant get into bios anymore.

I have tried F2 and del at boot; force restart while holding shift, going into settings and going to recovery options and clicking UEFI settings but it still wont boot into bios. Any Help would be appreciated
12 REPLIES 12

raju2529
Level 7
remove the RAM modules and reinsert and then recheck BIOS.
Remove the CMOS battery , wait one minute , reinsert , then checkissues.
Replace the new coms battery.
remove cables from MB to PSU and wait for minutes, then reinsert
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

iSmokeii
Level 7
I have already tried that. Still boots me right into windows.

raju2529
Level 7
will you take video in your smart phone and upload the video in Google drive and share the link
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

RedSector73
Level 12
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery
Click on the 'Restart now' button under 'Advanced Options'
The pc will now boot into Advanced Startup Options
Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings

Follow the instructions, off the top of my head, I think it simply asks you to restart and will automatically enter bios
You can now change your Fast Boot in bios settings which you most likely enabled and this is why you cant easily enter bios.

Hope you find this of help 🙂

RedSector73 wrote:
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery
Click on the 'Restart now' button under 'Advanced Options'
The pc will now boot into Advanced Startup Options
Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings

Follow the instructions, off the top of my head, I think it simply asks you to restart and will automatically enter bios
You can now change your Fast Boot in bios settings which you most likely enabled and this is why you cant easily enter bios.

Hope you find this of help 🙂

I wish that would work. I've tried that dozen of times with different methods and still not bios.

Question for OP
Dual monitors??? I have seen this where one monitor is where the logo/f2 key appear and not the other. That monitor would not light up until in windows. Disconnect one monitor and see what happens.

BigJohnny
Level 13
What are your specs, or did I miss it?

YabaX
Level 8
go to windows and disable fast startup under power options and reboot, if it didnt work, then do the following:

disconnect your boot drive (or you can disconnect CPU FAN header) and the post screen should halt and asking you to press F1 to enter bios, go there and disable fast boot and then turn off, reconnect your boot drive and you should be good to go.

No dual monitor , Specs are Ryzen 7 3700x on Asus rog strix x570 e MOBO
32 Gb of ram at 3200mhz
1080ti gpu