cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trading Post? Exchange?

RTS001
Level 7
Has there been any discussion about maybe a trading post of sorts? Maybe where people could sell/trade components? Not for merchants just personal? Just an idea!?
Build in Progress

IN WIN D-Frame (Red Limited Edition)
Maximus VI Extreme
Intel 4770k
Corsair AX1200i
Corsair H100i (Maybe Lepa HDB240)
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB
Samsung 840 512GB
WD Black 2TB
Video Cards (TBD)
1 REPLY 1

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello and thanks for posting up this suggestion, and please do continue to share your thoughts and ideas. 🙂

A classifieds or second hand component section is not part of ROG right now and I do not think it will be part of ROG in the near future either. The reason is quite simple. Those other forums that do offer a classified section are mainly PC enthusiast forums, gamer forums, or forums associated with a local on-line retailer. ROG forum is none of those things. It is a support forum for ROG branded product first and foremost. The fact that we have a really cool community here is just gravy, or a bonus if you prefer.

There are also a whole host of other headaches associated with a second hand section, and I have been admin on forums that have such a classified section so I know what I am talking about. If folks want to sell or buy second hand stuff there are many other ways for them to do so. I think it best if ROG stays true to what its purpose is, helping our ROG members if they have any questions or issues as best we can.

Thread closed. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.