cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touching issues with the ROG Phone 5

Youchan3070
Level 7
Few weeks ago one drop of sirup went on my ROG Phone 5. It went in the volume buttons. After 30 minutes I restarted the phone two times and than I dried the phone for three days. I also cleaned the buttons with some isopropyl alcohol, because the buttons were sticky. After two weeks I noticed the phone is vibrating the whole time in my pocket. I pulled it out and I noticed that my phone has touching issues and randomly touches somewhere on the screen. Then I restarted the device and it works fine.
Do you think that the phone had touching issues because of the sirup? Or is it because the phone was maybe slightly bent in the pocket?
8 REPLIES 8

BigJohnny
Level 13
I bought the first one and retuned in in less than 24 hours. Just didnt live up to the hype.

xeromist
My guess would be that some application was keeping the phone screen awake so that was causing your touchscreen to react. If you experience the problem again you may want to review any applications you have installed or updated recently.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
My guess would be that some application was keeping the phone screen awake so that was causing your touchscreen to react. If you experience the problem again you may want to review any applications you have installed or updated recently.

Now three weeks after the touching issue, there isn't any touching issue. It is working all fine.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Youchan3070 wrote:
I also cleaned the buttons with some isopropyl alcohol, because the buttons were sticky. After two weeks I noticed the phone is vibrating the whole time in my pocket. I pulled it out and I noticed that my phone has touching issues and randomly touches somewhere on the screen. Then I restarted the device and it works fine.

Not too sure about this and it may not have anything to do with this issue, so hopefully others can agree or correct my information, but I believe it can cause problems and possibly damage your device as well if alcohol gets into the electronics (if something shorts out?), so just wanted to make sure everybody is very careful to avoid getting alcohol into the electronics if they are using it to clean.

Wondering if that could be the reason that this customer saw the problem initially after cleaning and then it was okay afterwards when the alcohol evaporated, but maybe it was just a software issue since the customer mentioned the device was fine after restarting.

cl-Albert@ROG wrote:
Not too sure about this and it may not have anything to do with this issue, so hopefully others can agree or correct my information, but I believe it can cause problems and possibly damage your device as well if alcohol gets into the electronics (if something shorts out?), so just wanted to make sure everybody is very careful to avoid getting alcohol into the electronics if they are using it to clean.

Wondering if that could be the reason that this customer saw the problem initially after cleaning and then it was okay afterwards when the alcohol evaporated, but maybe it was just a software issue since the customer mentioned the device was fine after restarting.

The touching issue happened 4 days after cleaning, so I don't think that the alcohol damaged my phone. And the alcohol is 99.7% so it won't conduct. And I also think that it may be a software issue, because the touching issue happened two weeks after spilling the sirup

xeromist
Rubbing alcohol contains some percentage water so it can be conductive, yes. However it's much less conductive than tap water or many other liquid spills. Best to clean spills with power disconnected if possible.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Thanks for everyone's feedback and glad to hear the phone is working okay now.

My phone also worked, but it pisses me off that it is not updated to the latest version of iOS and already lags, it is almost impossible to use, I need to buy a new one))