cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Admin question for forum protection

Dark
Level 9
Hello Admin cant you add a vpn blocker on forum to stop the spam morons from joining as its getting each day and seems forum got no protection from them. also maybe a bot blocker for the smart bots as i have seen alot of bots on forum.

really would help with extra tools in place maybe have cloudflare protection too as im sure forum is being dos sometimes what you think ???
motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
PSU Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx
CPUAMD Bulldozer FX-8120 8 Core 3.10GHz

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Im a girl 🙂 so be nice as i bite
7 REPLIES 7

chrsplmr
Level 18
.. gotta let a few through, for sport. hahahaha
Spammers-(0) vs. ROG-(too many to count.)

If security was much tighter ... newMembers wouldn't get in.c.

chrsplmr wrote:
.. gotta let a few through, for sport. hahahaha
Spammers-(0) vs. ROG-(too many to count.)

If security was much tighter ... newMembers wouldn't get in.c.

Lol yes they would get in just vpn users wont whats a good thing seems then admin can see the real IP not fake one what vpn give's would solve alot of the problem's on saying you can tell there vpn posted due to the way there the same post over and over as for the bots there easy to fix and admin can just download the free software to stop them i know its alot of setting up but if it stops it all its worth it.

on saying we are getting cyber crime on forum that's a big issue for any admin to deal with yes banning them is not working as admins just banning a fake ip the real ip is the key to getting rid of the freaks for once and for all the odd one is a pest seems its prob same person who has no life you do know they do steal our forum data each time there banned as it sends them a log to eg darkcomet azpex oriaon ddpn extra sorry i was a coder myself but i quit hacking 🙂 i just help others from stopping it as i know how to.
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Dark wrote:
Lol yes they would get in just vpn users wont whats a good thing seems then admin can see the real IP not fake one what vpn give's would solve alot of the problem's on saying you can tell there vpn posted due to the way there the same post over and over as for the bots there easy to fix and admin can just download the free software to stop them i know its alot of setting up but if it stops it all its worth it.

on saying we are getting cyber crime on forum that's a big issue for any admin to deal with yes banning them is not working as admins just banning a fake ip the real ip is the key to getting rid of the freaks for once and for all the odd one is a pest seems its prob same person who has no life you do know they do steal our forum data each time there banned as it sends them a log to eg darkcomet azpex oriaon ddpn extra sorry i was a coder myself but i quit hacking 🙂 i just help others from stopping it as i know how to.

Some pretty long sentences right there. I went from pale faced, to red and finally blue reading this post 😛

The "human" scammers are the nuisance, we IP ban most of them or add a range ban if the location is known troublesome.

kkn
Level 14
they are using muliple ip's, they have already blocked some major ip's so.

Dark
Level 9
Lol yes that's called a VPN forums can block.this. to stop the IPs
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx

Clocked to 4.5GHz

chrsplmr
Level 18
"" Note: My views are my own and not necessarily representative of ASUS."" ...We count on that goodSir.c.

X-ROG
Level 15
We've got several bot blocking functions in place. The ones you see are all paid humans. I get emails from the IP banned ones begging me to let them register!!

Another possible answer is new member moderation - but given we get more newbies than regulars it would take a lot of daily work and be frustrating for those who want quick answers.