cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thermaltake core w200 price drop

mjohnson24
Level 9
Wanted to see what you guys think of this case. being sold on walmart's website for $190. Its the Thermaltake Core w200. seems to be legit. its being sold by a company on walmarts website called "rover store inc".
14 REPLIES 14

Menthol wrote:
I don't remember who the seller was, but that box was extremely heavy, if it doesn't come with castors I would advise getting some to be able to roll the case around rather than trying to lift and move it

Yea the W100 and W200 are heavy. Some advertise the W100 at around 19lbs and some around 49lbs but either way it is heavy but i dont often lift it and if i go to Lan parties or take it to work or somewhere to show it off its not very often. My HAF 932 has castors on it and roll it around sometimes and if im at work ill lif it our my car and put it on a dolly to make it easier. So heaviness isn't too much of a big deal to me allthough it would be nice if it was lighter like the caselabs SMA8 which i cant afford. To get it like the TT W100 it would be close to $600 or so.

mjohnson24
Level 9
So i just called the company "Rover Store Inc" located supposedly in VA, and had him look at it more in detail and he confirmed its the P200. He didnt even know what it really was and had to google it as well to see it more in detail of what he had. He saying that the W100 and W200 are discontinued supposedly from what he read somewhere. But he said someone just bought one of the 4 and i told him hes advertising it on walmart as a W200 so the guy who bought it is gonna get a big surprise if yall dont contact him and let him know it was advertised wrong and he gets a P200 thinking its a W200.

I knew something was very leary of a $450+ case being sold for only $190 plus i can get the P200 on walmart or other sites for less than $190 anyway if i wanted it.

Guess im just gonna stick to getting the W100. I can do two custom waterloops in it better than the Phanteks Enthoo Primo even though i do love the Primo. Thats a nice case. W100 would just have a lot more room when the primo looks to be a little tight.

mjohnson24
Level 9
Whats yalls thoughts on http://ttpremium.com/product/the-tower-900/? Compared to the W100? Watercooling a i7 6900k, Asus x99 deluxe ii mobo, two evga ftw 1080 gaming acx3.0 gpus. possibly two 480mm rads. one for gpu and one for cpu/mobo loop.

UPDATE: Just looked at it more and found my Corsair H100i GTX or any 240mm or bigger AIO wont work in this case. The single 120mm AIO rad's will work but thats it unless you do custom watercooling obviously. I like it but if thats the case i think im gonna stick to the TT W100 instead since i can use my AIO till i get the money for custom watercooling.

Nate152
So it was a mistake, it was good you called them.

The Thermaltake w100 is a fine looking case and yes custom water cooling can get expensive. 🙂

I have the Thermaltake Armor VH6000 case, here's a pic with the side cover off.

Nate152 wrote:
So it was a mistake, it was good you called them.

The Thermaltake w100 is a fine looking case and yes custom water cooling can get expensive. 🙂

I have the Thermaltake Armor VH6000 case, here's a pic with the side cover off.

Yea it was a mistake but he didn't know his butt from a hole in the ground. Broken english. Not saying anything bad about him but he's an idiot though still. he went back and looked at the product and said oh yea it says P200. Thats why i was skeptical and buying it. Just seems a little odd to me.

Yea thats kinda like mine in the way of drives and all but very little room to do two custom loops. I like mine but just dont wanna cut and customize the case since it was my dads. The thermaltake W100 is heavier but its a really nice case and i can deal with the heavyness. I know thermaltake gets alot of bad raps due to cases being just like others like caselabs etc but everyone copies everybody but they do have the Tower 900 thats different than other people. Im only gonna have one loop for now unless i can get the money to do two reservoirs. I was gonna do the pedestal and do an EK 480 on top for CPU/Mobo monoblock and an EK 480 rad on bottom for the GPU probably and put the PSU in pedestal as well with a couple maybe EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM res/pump combos
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-revo-d5-pwm-incl-sl-pump. May switch the 140 reservoirs out with the 250 size reservoirs but not sure yet. May do the 140ml reservoirs for now till i get the 250's but not sure. Still gotta get the case and see what i can do with it first. Wish i had a 3d model of it or id kinda lay it out in 3d and see what i can do.