cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The forum keeps crashing when I try to post

syldon
Level 9
When I try to post or preview I keep getting an error message.

[h=1]Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://rog.asus.com/forum/newreply.php?" on this server.
Reference #18.bcb0f748.1525866639.650bfa44

It isn't always the same reference number, but the result is the same. My text gets lost and I have to start over. This is more than frustrating when you spend 20 mins on a post trying to respond to multiple posts. It took three attempts yesterday on a single reply.

4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
How often is this happening? I haven't seen this error except maybe when they were working on the forum. Does it only happen at a certain time of day or when you write a long post vs a short one? Until it's resolved you might want to copy the text before you click the Post button in case it gets lost.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

davemon50
Level 11
That's what I do before every single post, lol.

Syldon, any success using a different browser?
Davemon50

xeromist
One thing that happened in the past is that the forum was unstable at certain times of the day. So people in Europe & Asia would experience problems I wouldn't see during US daytime hours. Since Slydon is in the UK that may or may not have anything to do with it. I think this is the first complaint I've seen recently about this type of issue.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

@xeromist

I have only been replying to posts here the last couple of days. And yes it has been on long posts. I did make copies of the text response and actually seen the text posted. Only to find it hadn't gone up after all. By which point I had deleted the text.

I have changing shifts last week, so my times at the forums have been very erratic.

@Davemon50
No I haven't tried a second browser. That should be my next port of call.