cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature program

Heebus
Level 7
Can someone pass me a link to a good program for monitoring my processor temperature in windows7, I have a new build and wanna monitor everything closely... I have an evga gtx 560 superclock video card as well... let me know if you need anymore info..
And the wicked shall inherit the earth...
8 REPLIES 8

kkn
Level 14
for vidcard you can try - msi afterburner. ( i use it , and it controlls the fans on the card ( i got the logitech G19 keyboard and i get temp and so on on the screen )
what sort of motherboard you got??

Heebus
Level 7
I have an asus rampage IV extreme ...
And the wicked shall inherit the earth...

kkn
Level 14
have you tried ASUS AI Suite II ??
you get up temp on cpu on that, BUT its not the temp on the cores it self.
i THINK its this you have??
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_2011/Rampage_IV_Extreme/#download

DaemonCantor
Level 13
The most people use is SpeedFan, It not only gives temps for just about everything but you can also control your fans thru it. It's free and you can find it here: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php. Give it a try, you might like it.

HiVizMan
Level 40
For me HWMonitor does all I want as a system monitoring application
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Zka17
Level 16
You can find the HWMonitor here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html (it's also free)

I'm using it too and I'm mostly satisfied with it. However, you do have to be aware that the SYSTIN, CPUTIN, AUXTIN section is not always 100% reliable... Specially the CPUTIN and AUXTIN may be way out of range with the Rampage Extreme mobos (both III and IV). Seemingly, disregarding these values and considering only the CPU core temps, is a way to go.

An other thing, try to use only one temp monitoring software at a time. Using simultaneously more of those, you may get errors or serious misreadings - all the monitoring softwares are using the same sensors on the hardware and they can mess up between themself.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Very true, also I have noticed with my setup that the Monitors on all of the time does give me problems and stutters in game so I usually turn them off when gaming or using Photoshop...It's a pain in the butt to get your sights on someone and the stupid thing stalls a second or two and you end up dead! instead of your target!

jd2266
Level 7
hwmonitor and speccy,both sre free programs.i use both
asus crosshair v ,fx8150 cpu, 16 gb g skill 1600,sapphire radeon 6870 ,mushkin 120 gb enhanced chronos sata III ssd.seagate barracuda 1tb sata 6gb storage drive,asus black blu ray burner,asus 24x dvd burner,cooler master half x blue edition with added 200mm top fan,rosewill 800 watt modular lightining series ps,cooler master hyper 212 evo .artic 5 thermal compound,vantec spectrum fan card with dual 70mm fans,nzxt 2mm led sleeved light kit,win 7 ultimate 64 bit,logitech z623 200 watt speakers