cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion Box

IM2L844
Level 12
The other day I was looking at one of Asus's pages for one of their motherboards and in the picture relative to the USB BIOS Flashback feature there was the image of a red USB stick that was branded with "Republic of Gamers". Well, that got me thinking...

I want one, but more than that. I wondered why ASUS doesn't leverage the 110,000 members of these forums for their opinions and ideas in a more specified way. Some of them are bound to have good ones from time to time. I suspeect most of them have the "Receive Email from Administrators" option enabled in their profile's General Settings, as I do. If nothing else, polls could be used to leverage them as a huge ready-made impromptu focus group that is largely well informed. Not only would Asus/ROG likely get some insightful and useful feedback, the membership would probably feel some degree of appreciation just for being asked their opinion.

Anyway, my first suggestion would be to establish a suggestion box sticky somewhere, not only for site feedback but for ROG R&D as well.

Now, for my second suggestion, back to the ROG branded USB flash drive. Asus could have 10,000 ROG Logo branded 1GB USB flash drives manufactured for next to nothing and include them with their ROG motherboard packages for use with the BIOS Flashback feature. I think it would be a marketing winner. ROI would be appreciable while the necessary increase to price points would be pragmatically negligible. Just thought I would run that by Yu.
19 REPLIES 19

IM2L844 wrote:
I thought he was just talking about trinkets and bobbles...lanyards, t-shirts, bumper stickers, coffee mugs...you know, gift shop stuff; no RMA required.

Ah, I was talking eShop 😛

IM2L844
Level 12
Ah, I was talking eShop 😛

Maybe he was too. I don't know. I suppose that's a technical marketing brain contra a brand marketing brain sort of deal. Now, how do I get some of those sunglasses White Paw's avatar is wearing.;)

X-ROG
Level 15
I will steal as many spare lanyards and USB keys as I can from our press conference. Maybe we can sort something out in July (I'm on holiday in most of June sorry :O)

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
I will raise my hand for one of each :cool: oops, we gotta be stealthy about this <.< >.> o.o whut? 😛

kkn
Level 14
if you get caught, blame it on myk that he forced you to do it.

Antronman
Level 10
How about some of those two-sided motherboards like in c's project black and red?

And before I forget, how about a plastic model kit of the RoG robot mascot?
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

IM2L844
Level 12
I will steal as many spare lanyards and USB keys as I can from our press conference.

We'll just keep that on the down low. I can't even imagine the ensuing scandal if something this nefarious were to get out. I can see the headlines now...Breaking News: Asus representative goes rogue - loose cannon makes loyal patrons happy at the expense of two faced one-and-done tech reporters.

Oh, the shame...

kkn wrote:
if you get caught, blame it on myk that he forced you to do it.

I may as well go down in a

IM2L844 wrote:
We'll just keep that on the down low. I can't even imagine the ensuing scandal if something this nefarious were to get out. I can see the headlines now...Breaking News: Asus representative goes rogue - loose cannon makes loyal patrons happy at the expense of two faced one-and-done tech reporters.

Oh, the shame...

Hahaha that would be bloody hilarious to read though

IM2L844
Level 12
With no requests for an extraction team, I'm wondering how double agent Swinburne fared in operation lanyard. I hope he made out alive...with bulging pockets.

meankeys
Level 13
yeah for sure. that lanyard would look great hanging in my bench lab 🙂