cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix LC 360 problem

geecee61
Level 7
I just moved my Strix LC 360 over from my Z270F board where it runs without any issue, sadly on the Z490F board the moment I switch on the computer the fans ramp up and temps just continue to climb, I put it back into the Z270F and it again works fine but every time I swap it back to the Z490F it just ramps up again, I have the 3 fans plugged into the CPU header, the pump connector plugged into the motherboards AIO header and the RGB cable into the motherboards USB header, the same process as with the Z270F
4 REPLIES 4

Trinidad2SC
Level 7
When you take the pump off the cpu did you take notice of your paste spread? I had an issue where the cpu block wasn't seating all the way and I saw temps like that. I just made sure the backplate and standoff were correct and it went away.

Trinidad2SC wrote:
When you take the pump off the cpu did you take notice of your paste spread? I had an issue where the cpu block wasn't seating all the way and I saw temps like that. I just made sure the backplate and standoff were correct and it went away.

Thank you for your kind reply, the stand offs are quite loose even when tightened to the limit but I count the turns I use on the pump header screws to apply equal pressure, very much the same as when I try it back into the original Z270F computer(4 times now) without any issues and that idles at around 28 degrees and goes not much above 58 degrees, I will take a picture and post it soon showing the thermal paste spread on Monday when I get back home, it truly is strange how the issue is just with the Z490F, on the last attempt it idled at 29 in Bios for about 15 minuttes as soon as I exited bios into the OS it ramped up again to 90 degrees and even going back into bios itt was still ramping up. I am stumped with this.

Trinidad2SC wrote:

Actually Trinidad2SC you were right, thank you so much, I followed your train of thought and place 4 synthetic washers on the backplate this morning and it worked, it's now running at idle temp of 25 degrees, which is wonderful, however the fix came with the issue of CPU fan error, I set CPU fan speed from N/A to ignore and that gets me into the OS, but the fans are still on full speed according to Q Fan, they ramp down if I change the settings to standard in Q Fan but it won't allow me to click "apply" to keep them on standard and exiting Bios they reset to full speed, any suggestions?.

อย่าต่อว่าฟ้าดินที่ให้เราพบเจอ�ต่ไม่ยอมจับเราคู่�ัน
ฟ้าดินจงใจ��ล้งเราเธอว่ารึป่าว ทำไมหนาต้องห้ามรั��ัน
ความเหมาะสมนะหรือที่ยืนยาว
�่อนถนนของเราสิ้น�ัน�่อนความ�ันของเธอสิ้นลง
�ค่ให้มีอาหารเรา�็อยู่ได้สบายๆไม่ต้องเพิ่งอะไรอี��ล้ว
https://www.star99v1.com/คาสิโนออนไลน์