cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming, Recording Raw Footage or Feed.

syncsnow1
Level 7
I did a bit of homework and know my options to just buy a capture device or card and deal with setting up files ect. I would prefer not to and i actually
want to just record directly from a PS3 or PS4 to my computer. I was wondering if the motherboard of the Rampage V Extreme has a feature to help with this.
From what i can tell there is a format issue, how would one take direct footage via a capture software from a PS3. I basically want to know if
anyone has tried this or found a easier way to integrate input devices without a mile long cables and hours of tweaking on sound and video to fix it.

I know i can isolate sounds well, and all i need is to capture the sources, rather than put up with the PS4 feature. So i have a decent computer,
and i looked into a HDMI to USB3 converter or adapter that would atleast get it to the doorstep of CPU. Has anyone found a software or a device that works and
isnt another standalone recorder along the line?

The other issue is, i was looking for a creative way to play the PS3 on the computer instead of having another monitor. I tried a virtual window and Virtualbox, except he
drivers and USB does not work. If i can create a virtual window on the desktop and take a HDMI to USB feed to the window i can FRAPS it. I found that vitual window would
allow fraps to snatch the uncompressed footage i am looking for for editing and capture sound right from my microphone while isolating the sound from speakers.

I am trying to avoid spending 200-300$ just to do what my computer was built for.
0 REPLIES 0