cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange happenings going on. Help please

Jrod0247
Level 7
Currently upgraded to the Formula XI with an i9-9900k and obviously, with the new motherboard upgrade came a new windows license. Anyway, I've ran into some issues at boot up. First, it boots up with the code 40 and some applications won't work under that code. Aura, live dash and some games fail to launch. I disabled fast boot in the BIOS. still boots up under the code 40 and still have the issues. When I restart the computer, it will display AO but the computer doesn't seem to act the same. The livedash fails to work properly and now the livedash on the AIO won't work. Anyone have some advice? I had a BSOD and it stayed at 0% for 5 minutes and I did a restart using the restart button. I've tried to do some research and can't find anything and I'm at a loss on how to fix it.
4 REPLIES 4

1mluer
Level 11
Code 40 is the setting under power settings for turning on fast startup. if you want to make it run on the A0 setting then go to "all settings" in windows then "power and Sleep" then "additional power settings" then "choose what the power buttons do" you will see the fast startup option.. Click edit and turn off fast startup option.

OH by the way.. all the new motherboards are having issues with aura, livedash and the lighting service. be prepared for it not to work for a while. I personally have to run a Frankenstein install of aura, livedash and the lighting service to even begin to start using those programs. They all still crash when I play a directx game lately too.

I think the issue is a bad implementation or code around the lighting service
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

when you did the OS install did you load chipset first then MEI second?
Go back to basics. Do that then one driver at a time and skip AURA and livedash until you know you have a stable platform. Then you can monkey around with those. Ara has NEVER been right. I have an older version installed and just the mobo stuff on solid color. All else is run through corsair.

Jrod0247
Level 7
1mluer, I did the power and sleep options, thank you. You're right, the live dash and aura are finicky.

BigJohnny, I can't remember the order I installed them. I do know that I installed all the motherboard drivers in first then the rest.

1mluer
Level 11
Ya no problem. the Aura thing is going to be uphill till they finally nail the issues in the bud. I have been trying to get it right since day 1 and there have been no real fixes anyone can rely on. Right now I run a frankenstien version of Livedash, aura and lighting service to get it to say running. It however doesn't start up on it's own from a cold boot.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!