cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software for controlling fans?

Sverre
Level 9
I don't post this under Asus Software, as it is a question about software from other providers.
Fan Xpert 3 doesn't work for me. It can't calibrate 2 of the fans and, seriously, I don't need software to tell me the limits of my fans, I know them very well. So, if Fan Xpert 3 can't be overridden, what other software is available?
[/URL]
6 REPLIES 6

Nate152 wrote:
Hey Sverre

How about SpeedFan ?

https://speedfan.en.softonic.com/

I tried it, but it doesn't seem to find the temp sensor I use (for cabinet temp, which controls all cabinet fans). As of now I use Fan Xpert 3, but, even though I got it to find all fans, it won't let me set fan speed below 60%, which is way higher than they react on (25-30%). I asked Asus to make it possible to use manual mode, as most people who uses it will know how to control their fans, and what their fans is capable of doing.
[/URL]

Did you complete Fan Tuning in Fan Xpert? If you do that should be able to further adjust fans.

JustinThyme
Level 13
I see aqasuite in your sig....are you not using that?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
I see aqasuite in your sig....are you not using that?

Not on that PC, it's made off parts I had laying around, after the last build, that I just finished, and there's no Aquacomputer stuff in it. I'm using it as a media server, and a backup PC.
[/URL]

0mega9
Level 7
Sverre wrote:
I don't post this under Asus Software, as it is a question about software from other providers.
Fan Xpert 3 doesn't work for me. It can't calibrate 2 of the fans and, seriously, I don't need software to tell me the limits of my fans, I know them very well. So, if Fan Xpert 3 can't be overridden, what other software is available?

HI there, one thing I myself overlooked the fist time... Did you enable the fan port where you connected the fans..? CHA #2, M.2, CPU Opt, etc.
If for whatever reason the Auto Fan Calibration doesn't detect and enable the used/occupied fan connectors, you most go in and enable to monitor it and be able to make adjustments.

My Z390-E, for whatever reason, doesn't enable the AIO for me, it works!, but I like to enable it and have more control for noise levels...