cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show off your desktop!

Cyrekk
Level 10
Here's a little bit of off topic fun! We all have desktops, some of us are proud of them, others ashamed. Sometimes your looking for a new way to spruce up the stale look of the old thing.

This is a thread for all of us to share our desktops, be it to show off your minimalist design or proudly boast about how cluttered with icons yours is. Or perhaps it can simply be a place to browse for new ideas.

I hope we can get some good involvement on this because sharing is caring, and we all care for each other here, right? I for one am particularly interested in seeing what some of the ASUS guy's desktops look like, assuming (or rather hoping) they find the time to join in!

So I will get the ball rolling! Here is my current desktop:
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS
427 REPLIES 427

dclanz wrote:
Simple and clean 🙂

There is something to be said for simplicity... Love it! 🙂
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:

Thanks! 😄

dclanz, that's very clean and a lot cleaner than my Desktop....but then I have a lot going on other than games and the Desktop is easy to find what I need
Yes that's Triple 24inch at 5760x1080 desktop.

Zygomorphic wrote:

Well then why didn't you say that when I posted up 6 different simple ones at different times?...hmmmm:p

DaemonCantor wrote:
dclanz, that's very clean and a lot cleaner than my Desktop....but then I have a lot going on other than games and the Desktop is easy to find what I need

Ha! It's only clean at the moment because I haven't fully started using it. Still migrating stuff from work laptop, but I am interested in desktop customization software for Windows 8 (if any exists yet). 🙂

Nackers
Level 15
No desktop Icons, all icon on auto hide tool bar

Gorman
Level 12
Gnome 3.4.2
Debian 3.2.32
Linux 3.2.0

I don't usually run desktop environments but the RoG is in for repairs, so I gotta have a GUI to watch anime 😉
It's a stock install but it really looks and feels great. Not as efficient as my E17 (though I don't think anything else can be as efficient as that ruthless minimalism was!), but it is super polished.

Doco
Level 9
got myself the asus pb278q monitor for chritmas (went 50/50 to get it lol) and decided to upgrade to a 2560x1440 res wallpaper - now my screen looks like :
i7-2700K @ 1.33v 4.6ghz/ Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
Nzxt Phantom + Nzxt Havik 140
His IceQ7950 3G/Corsair VX550
Finally Updated to Windows 7! :cool:

Mankz
Level 10

on my 24" at home

Idonno
Level 10
Here's mine
I have allot of custom ROG icons. Shown right are my custom hard drive icons in "Computer"
Asus Rampage III Formula / Intel Core i7-980X / CORSAIR Hydro H70 CPU Cooler / 24GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR3 1600 / Asus OC station / 2 X Radeon HD 6870 in CrossFire / 2 X Corsair Force 120GB Solid State Drives in raid 0 / 4 X SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 2TB 5400 RPM in raid 5 / ASUS Blu-ray Burner / ASUS 24X DVD Burner / CORSAIR 1000W Modular PSU / Corsair Obsidian 800D ATX Case / 3 X Asus VE248H Black 24" LCD Monitors for Eyefinity

Retired
Not applicable
Todays desktop...

kinda temporary..