cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup u.2 RAID on X299 SAGE WS

martinav
Level 7
Ok, there is nothing printed on how to do this. No youtube, nothing. I have setup hardware raids for decades. Whats the deal with this?

I see two devices in the NVMe list. I simply need to RAID0 them together.

I enable RST... easy.

I go to the setup wizard, and no devices appear.

I see lots of settings for m.2 RAID. Nothing in BIOS referring to u.2.

I need some basic direction here, please.

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

martinav
Level 7
No one else using u.2?

At this point, it would be nice to even get to use one of them.

I see them in BIOS. In AHCI mode, they still dont show. They are found in BIOS, but nowhere else.

martinav
Level 7
Where do I go for help with this?? Its very fundamental, and there is nothing to help anywhere.

HOW DO YOU GET A U.2 DEVICE TO WORK!!

Its as basic as that.

martinav
Level 7
So, noone is using u.2??

Braegnok
Level 14
martinav wrote:
Ok, there is nothing printed on how to do this. No youtube, nothing. I have setup hardware raids for decades. Whats the deal with this?

I see two devices in the NVMe list. I simply need to RAID0 them together.

I enable RST... easy.

I go to the setup wizard, and no devices appear.

I see lots of settings for m.2 RAID. Nothing in BIOS referring to u.2.

I need some basic direction here, please.

Thank you.

Hello Martinav,

For you to do a RAID with NVMe SSDs, you need the drives to be mapped to the chipset or to a storage controller that supports the feature.

Skylake-X CPUs support either 28 or 44 PCIe lanes direct to the CPU, this does not allow RAID configuration with NVMe drives, if the drives are mapped to the CPU.

You may want to double check with Asus about this, since it may vary between motherboards if additional lanes are provided by the chipset, it's critical when setting up NVMe RAID to understand whether those U.2 slots are mapped to the CPU or the Chipset.

Another option to consider, if Intel VROC is supported via RSTe, and Intel VROC_HW_Key on your board. NVMe RAID type and function will depend on the Intel VROC_HW_Key installed.

Hope this helps, Good Luck