cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 Accessory Help

Dainbramaged3K
Level 7
Long story short, I broke my screen and as far as I can tell, everything else works except the display/touch. I can charge the phone and turn it on, and feel the vibration to turnoff/restart menu by holding the main button. I just can't see anything happening or shut my alarm off that goes off at 5AM if the charge lasts long enough (accidentally fully charged it and it went off for about 3 days). I have some Christmas vids/pics of my son's second Christmas/New Years that I'd like to pull from it, but can't seem to get to a point where I can unlock it.

I haven't found any software to pull my data from it and have been mulling over the idea of getting a TwinView/Docking station to see if I can unlock the phone that way. I'd really not like to spend all that money needlessly if someone can help me by confirming that I can use this method PnP style (if I have to enable the device prior to fully utilizing it, it's pointless).

I'm also open to some ideas if anyone has other/better ideas. (sorry about the long read)
1 REPLY 1

HappyShabbat
Level 9

Well, very late, but in case you earlier have enabled ADB then it should be simple to do a backup from a Windows PC. Some times you can just connect your phone to the PC using a USB-cable and the Phone will show up in Windows explorer.

But I really encourage you to fix (watch the video) your phone. It is not that hard even you have not tried it before.