cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA Frustration

jorgebramont
Level 7
So I have been dealing with this RMA process and it is really becoming a pain in my @ss. I bought a g750jz-ds71 in September and it was working great until about a month in, my Nvidia GPU started to disappear from my Device Manager, Sometimes my card would show, sometimes it wouldn't. I checked everything, uninstalled all Nvidia software and tried to reinstall it, when I did I got an error saying that I had no compatible hardware. I restarted the notebook multiple times, 9 in 10 times I could not find the GPU anywhere, The time I would find it, my Notebook would crash after using it for a while. I reset my Notebook back to it's original factory settings and lost all my data, this still did nothing. So, I decided to RMA my Notebook.

1st RMA:
8 day turn around, everything worked fine for a while, in less than 3 weeks the problem came back. Same exact issues, sometimes I could see my GPU, sometimes I couldn't. This problem started after I moved my Notebook from my living room to my kitchen. I never hit it, or dropped it, all I did was move it from one room to the other. So, once again I called Asus and set up another RMA.

2nd RMA:
Once again an 8 day turn around, this time the put in a replacement GPU on my Notebook, I was told the Notebook was tested to make sure everything was fine. The day it arrive I couldn't find my GPU anywhere, the Notebook had been restored to factory settings and I had not installed a single piece of software. I tried to install the Nvidia drivers and once again the same error, no compatible hardware. I attempted to restart the notebook several times and could not find the hardware even once. Once again, I requested an RMA.

3rd RMA:
This time I spoke to a supervisor and requested that my Notebook be sent to another Asus facility, obviously the last people were not doing anything that would help. This time my Notebook went to Asus HQ overnight. The supervisor who I spoke to said I would be contacted within 48 hours and I would be told if my Notebook could be repaired or if it had to be swapped. After waiting more than 48 hours I contacted Asus through phone again. I was told once again I would be contacted within 48 hours, this time I waited 5 days to contact them again.

Today, the 18th, after my Notebook had been at their facility for more than a week I called Asus and spoke with a representative, The person I spoke with told me that I had been sent an email on the 16th and I had to respond to it to authorize a swap, I looked all over my Gmail, nothing anywhere, I even checked spam. The representative told me that something may have gone wrong and he was putting in a request for me to be contacted in the next 48 hours. I asked if anything could be done to speed up the process and he told me all I can do is wait.

At this point I asked to speak with a supervisor and was put on hold. This is were things got confusing. The supervisor told me that no email was ever sent to me on the 16th. So, where did the original representative get this info? was he just lying to me? Well, I tried to get as much info with the supervisor on the line, all he told me was that I had to wait for the tech to contact me through email when they find a suitable swap for my Notebook. I asked the supervisor if this would be taken care of before the new year and he assured me that it would. 5 minutes later after being put on hold, I once again asked the supervisor if I would be contacted before the New year, this time he gave me a different answer and told me that there is chance that I will not be contacted until January.

I don't know if the supervisor could have done anything else to help me, but even if he could, I highly doubt he would have, so I told him goodbye and thanked him for the little info he gave me.

As of tomorrow, in total I have been without my Notebook for 24 days, this is really frustrating and the worst part is the mixed info I get when I call their support department. I wish I had a straight answer to all the questions I have asked.

The worst part is the 16th was my birthday and now I have a collection of new PC games still shrink wrapped just sitting on my desk.

I have been buying Asus products my whole adult life and this is the first time I have ever had to RMA anything. I have two ROG G73 Notebooks, A desktop with an Asus motherboard and GPU plus other Asus electronics. I normally prefer Asus over any other brand because they usually offer quality parts at reasonable prices, but this is really changing my mind about buying Asus products.

I hope I haven't bored anyone with my rant, I just wanted to share my story in the hopes that writing it out and getting some feedback would make me feel better about the situation. I'm currently using my old G73 to play some games, but almost every new game I have requires at least a 2gb GPU, and my G73 only has 1gb. I really want my G750 back, I hope this doesn't take much longer, I will keep this thread updated whenever I get any more info on my RMA.
0 REPLIES 0