Rendering thread exception
General protection fault!

History: getModuleHandle() Address = 0x637e34ac (file name not found) [in
C:\Program File (86)\EVGA\PrecisionX 16\precisionXserverHooks.dll]
Adress= 0x637e23bc (Filename not found) [in C: Program Files
(x86)\EVGA\PrecisionX 16\PrecisionXServerHooks.dll]
GMartrix2D::Swap () Address = 0x114a7fc5 (filename not found) [in F:\Program
Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe]

Hello. My name is Jon and I was wondering if any one has seen this kind of error before. I know all errors aren't the same form what I have read online. I just was wondering if someone could explain why it would happen. This came up the other day when I started the Game "Mass effect". I start the game and after 20 seconds it freezes. I then have to (alt tab) out and close. Thank you to anyone who can help.
Jon
3 REPLIES 3

Korth
Level 14
Reinstall your NV drivers? Odd little things sometimes get lost, broken, or misfiled after the OS, driver suite, and games overwrite each others' patches and updates too often in the background.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Thank you Korth. I will give it a try.

superjonbon
Level 7
OK. I reinstalled the NV driver. Still the same problem... this time though I started the game and it works for 20 seconds then freezes up but just on the title screen. If I put the mouse on the play button at the title screen and click it, the game will start and I can hear everything. But I can only see the title screen in the frozen position... any suggestions ?