cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raid0

grassy
Level 12
I am planning on running a raid0 config for the first time and Was wondering if any off you are running a raid config and is there really any benefit to this.How much quicker is it and can I run raid with 3 different brands of ssd.I do know that I should back up what I have just in case one drive fails.I have 3 ssd's, one for my operating system, one for my iTunes music and one for my games at the moment.
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE
4 REPLIES 4

DooRules
Level 10
You are currently getting the most out of what you have in terms of storage. Raid0 will bring little to no benefit for you.
7980XE on Asus ApexVI
Zotac 2080Ti
Intel 900P
2 x Samsung 950 Pro
EVGA 1600W
Alienware 34"
Samsung 28" 4K

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey grassy...there's also a problem in that the raid doubles the smallest drive space so you'd end up missing space on the larger drive for a pretty small performance bump in only some uses of the drive...

grassy
Level 12
Ok then I will give it a miss.I was just curious as I am running out of things to do (hehe) I get bored easily.I am trying to con my daughter into letting me build her a computer so I have something to do.I have a spare GTX690,64 gig of vengeance ram,blurry/DVD drive,Stryker case,cables to give her and she still says no.I would have jumped at it.I have to admit that as far as my drives go I am getting the most out of them at the moment,so I will leave things be.
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40